Sync problem

Gennies Phone

Reaction score
I've had my Droid X for about a month. Love it! But, it's not syncing with my Google contacts correctly.
First I cleaned up my Google contacts have put them all in a number system - ex. 01=01 - Jones, Sarah; 02 - Restaurant, Fancy Food; 03 - Old, Jank, Steve.

When my Google contacts sync to my Droid some of them are correct and include the numbers first and some do not show the numbers at all. In other words, my Google contacts don't match my Droid contacts even though they're being synced from my Google account to my Droid.

I've cleared all contacts on my Droid & re-synced, but am getting the same problem. I've looked thru the forums & haven't seen any questions that seem to match this one.

Any suggestions? Thanks

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Do you have facebook synced up to it? Are they duplicates? Or are they just completely off from what you put into your gmail/contacts?

VZ4G3NT

Reaction score
Menu>view inside of contacts "app"

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
G

Gennies Phone

Reaction score
Thank you for your response. I don't use facebook or any of the other social networks. They are not duplicates. They are just completely off from what my gmail contacts are. All gmail contacts start with a number, sorted Last Name first and in the correct order - 01 - Jones, Abby
02 - Mike's Auto
03 - Maid Helpers, etc.
But the contacts on Droid show as
Abby, 01 - Jones
03 - Maid Helpers
Mike's Auto
Smith Doors, etc.
Some show up as First Name, # - Last Name.

I cleared the contact data storage on the phone & re-synced with gmail, but got the same results as before.