Sync Outlook to other than Google accounts

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by hcoker, Feb 19, 2010.

1. hcoker

hcoker New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know an easy and cheap way to sync Outlook to the Droid for other than Google email accounts?

2. sstt

sstt New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sync outlook to Droid

Hi...I just got my Droid and use Microsoft Outlook. I rely on the calendar, contacts, notes and email -- now I am told only Google will sync with the new phone. Help....does anyone know of a fix so I can sync my outlook accounts with the Droid?

3. RichSmithSWM

RichSmithSWM Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use a paid program called CompanionLink. It cost me $20 or $30 can't remember. It was a no-brainer linking my Outlook contacts with gmail. Almost all of my contacts linked correctly. Took me about ten minutes to get the problem ones sorted out.

4. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 DF Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +499
    Current Phone Model:
    Xperia Z3v
    Twitter:
    smalltownlife13
    I use gSyncIt...you download the software to your PC and it two-way syncs your outlook to gmail and gmail to outlook - you can add a contact on your phone and it will update in both gmail and outlook or you can add a contact in outlook and it updates to gmail and ur phone. The software also allows calendar and notes syncing. I believe it cost me around $15 and updates are free. You can also import your contacts into gmail thru a .csv file but it does not update automatically which I do not care for. Good luck and hope this helps.

5. Emperor Crusher

Emperor Crusher New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Other ways to sync Outlook contacts/calendar

I agree with the others. I install gSyncit for my customers and they like it and the price. But you said "for other than Google email accounts". That could mean you don't want to sync using Google's services, so gSyncit may not be an acceptable solution for you. If you want to look into the other solutions, you can visit www.syncdroid.net to find a complete chart of available software, the price, what they sync, whether they use Google or a USB cable, and more. There is also an overview of each software solution.

6. Cairo

Cairo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I also use Outlook on my PC, and have K-9 Mail on the Droid2. I'd like to sync the two. Gmail is out. I moved the company over to GMail, and then back after 48 hours. Too many headaches, etc, etc.

Anyway, I would really like an auto-sync via internet. Any app candidates?

7. Emperor Crusher

Ratings:
    +0
    @Cairo, there is nothing to do an auto sync directly through the internet from Outlook to your Droid... Yet...

You do not need to "use" Gmail to use the gSyncit software. You simply need a Gmail account, which you have set up already, and it will act as the "internet conduit" between your Outlook and Droid, much as a USB cable is also a conduit.

Now, if you REALLY don't want to use Google's free services, then there are PAID services available through other providers that act as the "internet conduit". CompanionLink has a Pro wireless version with a price tag of $129.95 (jumped WAY up from $99.95 recently) PLUS $9.95 per month. Here is the direct link: http://www.companionlink.com/products/companionlink.html

I suppose there are a lot of people who think that is worth the price if they can ask that much and keep selling it. It does do a lot more than just sync a Droid, but for our purposes, that is what we are talking about.

8. Cairo

Cairo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use my D2 for business, and send business emails. I use K-9 to handle this. I hope that the gSyncit app doesn't add some watered down commercial to my emails? After looking at the gSyncit site, it seems that the app syncs Outlook to Google programs, but I don't use GMail, and the balance of Google's offerings. I'm using The Android Calendar for now, but using K-9 for mail, and NoteEverything for notes. I'm not thinking Gsyncit will do what I want. In fact, I don't know that maybe there's nothing that will fill the bill for me.

Thanks a lot for that insightful post Emperor

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  9. Emperor Crusher

Ratings:
    +0
    @Cairo, gSyncit is a PAID application and they do not add commercials. :) It will be a sad day when you have to pay for software and they add their advertisements. No, wait. Intuit :)icon_evil:) already does that with QuickBooks and they get away with it. I just hope nobody else notices. :icon_rolleyes:

There is also a BRAND NEW piece of software I was notified about today. It is called Android Manager Wi-Fi and is free. It syncs through Wi-Fi, wirelessly, the Outlook Contacts and Calendar. Their headquarters is in Shindian, Taipei, Taiwan. It is brand new and as such we have no reviews of it available. Personally, I'd stick with the tried and true gSyncit, but you can give it a try if you like. You can find it at www.syncdroid.net by selecting Android Manager Wi-Fi in the chart.

10. Cairo

Cairo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Emperor, I'm not saavy with the systems like you obviously are. Per my previous post, I don't think anything will necessarily sync Outlook to third party apps like K-9 and Note Everything.

11. pqrser

pqrser New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am using a Free tool-- Android Manager WiFi.
    It provide outlook sync function and many management features of personal data via WiFi connection.
    The most important : It is FREE. :D
    For your reference.
    Product Information - MobileAction

Search tags for this page

intuit outlook

sync outlook with other accounts