Sync New Gmail with existing goggle account

Robert_757

Reaction score
I have a new Droid Incredible. when I purchased it, Verison required me to setup a new GMail account however, I already have a Google account with with my schedule on the calendar and allot of groups history but no associated Gmail account..

I want to associate the new gmail account with the existing google account. All I could find at Googlehelp is instructions to make the association while creating the Gmail account. Adding Gmail : Gmail - Accounts Help
But it will not allow you to enter an existing Gmail account, only creat a new one.

Does anyone know how to do this or a workaround to my problem.
Thanks
Robert

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Since it's new, just perform a factory reset and return the phone to it's new in box state. Then use the Google account you want as your primary. Keep in mind that any purchases will be linked to the account you use when you first setup the phone.

Make sure your contacts are synced somewhere, or exported to the SD card before you do.

There's really no way to sync two accounts together, but you can have multiple accounts in the phone.

OP
R

Robert_757

Reaction score
Thanks Lt. "but you can have multiple accounts in the phone."
It sounds like the simple fix would be to create a second google account and associate it with my old stuff.
Robert

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you wanted to go through the pain of migrating, you could do that, but since your phone is so new, I'd just scrap the dummy account and start over. Have you bought anything off the Market? Those purchases are tied to your dummy primary account.

If you want to, you can migrate your calendar and contacts, but there's no way to link two Google accounts together and sync them. It's just not something that Google can do.