Sync issues with Exchange 2010 SP1

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by gai-jin, Dec 22, 2010.

1. gai-jin

gai-jin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Running BB .6.0 on OG Droid

Ever since upgrading our mail server to 2010 SP1, I'm having intermittent issues with syncing my droid. It might work for a few hours one day, then not work for a day or so, then suddenly I've got new mail alerts coming up again.

I've been using a trial of touchdown when I was running BB 5, but was looking forward to going back to the built in mail client. The new BB version just happened to coincide with my trial of touchdown expiring, so it was pretty good timing. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have helped.

I know android 2.2 has issues syncing with Exchange 2010 SP1 servers, but the recent OTA update was supposed to fix that. Is that update included in BB 6?

Thanks!

2. trippoint

trippoint New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The only roms I've found to work well with exchangw 2010 are LFY1.95 and UD. Try those out and you shoud be good. (With LFY I have had calander sinc. Issues though...)

3. mattlward

mattlward New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Exchange 2010

Ok, so I really need this to work and it is not working in the latest Bugless release, so I guess I am going to have to try another rom. You mention UD, Ultra Dark? What is the other rom? Is there a patch that I can apply to Bugless?

PS, running on original Droid and really do not want to try to go to stock 2.2.1.

Thanks Matt

4. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ultimate Droid and Liquid Frozen Yogurt (see the other ROM subforums).

5. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    If you're needing good exchange support you should really considering dropping the money for TouchDown. It's SO FAR BEYOND the stock client it's not even funny. I have 3 different servers (including the 2010 SP1) and it works perfectly with all of them (email, tasks, calendars, contacts, everything). And the plugin with PureCalendar (along with it's own email widget) make it worth the price as well. And it will allow you to switch ROMs at will since you won't have to worry about the native client.

It really is a shame that Google all but forces you to have to buy a third party app to get good exchange support... If they ever want to really compete with RIM for corporate users they need to get their sh!t together....

Search tags for this page

activesync policy not initialized

calendar won't sync android using touchdown

droid not syncing with exchange 2010

droid razr intermittent sync exchange
exchange 2010 activesync calendar syncing intermittently and
exchange 2010 sync issues with android
galaxy s3 issues with exchange 2010 sync
syncronisation issue for touchdown
touchdown will not sync with exchange 2010
ultimate android 2.2.1 won't sync