sync issue

OP
ktmoutlaw

ktmoutlaw

Reaction score
OK good question, I checked and I actually have two accounts under the email app one offers the sync over WiFi and the other account does not even have that as an option

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have three accounts and they all have WiFi only as an option somewhere, just in different places. If you can't figure out what is stopping the sync in the settings menu (sync over wifi only is unchecked, sync account is checked, etc.), you could try removing the account and then re add it, if you know all off the settings to use. I have had to do that in the past and its usually very quick and painless.

OP
ktmoutlaw

ktmoutlaw

Reaction score
In box checking says automatic push? Is this my problem?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I thought that meant new mail would instantly appear on the phone, your phone would always stay connected to the mail server. You could try changing push to a different setting and see if that change refreshes the account and mail starts to sync again

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Can't figure out how to do that

What I was suggesting is changing the sync frequency from Push to another option, to see if that change somehow "refreshes" the sync schedule. Open E mail > menu > settings > open account > open mailbox Check Frequency > change Push to 15 minutes, 30 minutes, etc. (anything different). Go back to the home screen, re-boot the phone and see if that change makes a difference.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I tried and this is what happened

View attachment 68456

It is grayed out

Something looks off with that screenshot. There should be Incoming Settings and Outgoing Settings listed there also. And, you should be able to change the Inbox Check Frequency. I would think it's time to remove the account from your phone and re-add it. The Remove Account option is right there in your screenshot. Re-adding is usually very simple & quick. Most of the time, the E Mail app will configure the Incoming & Outgoing Settings for you automatically, and all you have to do is enter your user name, password and the account name. While you are re-adding the account, you should be able to set the Inbox Check Frequency to whatever you want (15 min, 30 min, 1 hour, etc.). I have setup e-mail accounts in Android phones many times & it's normally very simple. Hope that helps.

OP
ktmoutlaw

ktmoutlaw

Reaction score
OK I fixed it by reentering my password on first line and it is fixed the sync issue

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Glad to hear that your issue is resolved.