Sync is currently experiencing problems..?

bodge

Reaction score
I'm a new Droid user and first time Forum user so please understand the basic nature of my question. Since last evening I've not gotten email (Outlook Express) over my phone. It had worked well since I set it up. When checking Accounts & Sync Settings on the phone there is a message that states "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." I interpret this to mean the fix is out of my control.

Second, does this happen frequently or what experience have other users had? If indeed it's been out since last night, it does not come back "shortly."

Silver Member
Reaction score
Outlook Express is not an email provider. It is an email client. What email are you using?

OP
B

bodge

Reaction score
Sorry, Mediacom is the provider (mail.mchsi.com). Email is coming through on my desktop computer at home via outlook express without any problems but is still not syncing with Droid.

Silver Member
Reaction score
it's probably because you're using the default email client, which is terrible. try removing the account and adding it again. reboot inbetween actions.

a better solution (one that i recommend often) would be to have gmail check your mediacom account for you (since it's just a POP account). you can set this up on your desktop throuh gmail.com and you can even have gmail send messages back through the originating account.

by having gmail check your POP accounts, you will rely less on scheduled network traffic and more on gmail pushing updates to your phone as they arrive.