sync Facebook contacts

carissasmith32475

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo
I used sync me, however, it didn't pull all of them. When I go to the people/contacts on my phone (droid turbo) many are not synced. If I look at them thru sync me, they are. Help!

noobdroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The sync me app only matched my current contacts pictures, birthdays, ect ect. Anyones else find anything that works?

OP
D

donellyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo
Same here. Better but not complete. I'm worn out.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Sync me is only going to sync the contacts that you are friends with on Facebook or linkdin. It will not add photos for your contacts just because they have Facebook or Linkdin. It matches them up.
If you want it to overwrite what you have in contacts you have to select it in settings.

Give it time some time, it can take awhile depending how many contacts you have to match up.

omak42vd

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1415456560954.jpg

These are the settings under the messenger app. It appears that FB has moved the contact syncing to their messenger app only. That's the best I can find, so if that's not working, then I have no clue!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
View attachment 73441

These are the settings under the messenger app. It appears that FB has moved the contact syncing to their messenger app only. That's the best I can find, so if that's not working, then I have no clue!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Is this typical Facebook trying to get everyone to install the messenger app.
Bury the most wanted setting in the messenger app so you download it.
Nobody is using facebook messenger because of the permission it wants.

bfranker

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has got this to work without downloading a 3rd party app? I have checked everything mentioned in this thread and even uninstalled Facebook and Facebook Messenger and re-installed and still not getting any of the Facebook data to sync with my "People" contacts. I'd prefer not to download another app if somebody has figured this out but if it is an actual problem and NOBODY can get this to work on a Droid Turbo then I suppose I'll download the app :) Thanks!

OP
D

donellyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo
I've only gotten it to work with syncme which isn't even 50% useful. Doesn't sync with most contacts

bfranker

Reaction score
I've only gotten it to work with syncme which isn't even 50% useful. Doesn't sync with most contacts
Thanks for the info... it appears it isn't something I doing wrong as this just isn't working it seems. I'll try syncme and see what happens :)

igasp4air

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
driod turbo
Has anyone at all figured this out? I just got my droid turbo and nothing I do for syncing works. I had an s4 before and it automatically synced my contacts from FB and skype with my phone contacts. This is incredibly annoying and I wish I'd went with the s5! I have indeed checked every box for syncing for both apps that I can find. I have clicked sync in the apps management place in setting for the phone. Nothing. Not one. I'm not interested in sync me. HELP? :()

on a side note...if you don't use messenger because of permissions than you probably shouldn't even use phone service. it is accessible by multiple government organizations and private ones too. You're already screwed if you want no one seeing your info. hehe

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I really hope no one here bought into that whole "Facebook Messenger has evil permissions" hype. Aren't we mostly nerds that know better?
FB Mess has the exact same.e permissions as FB. It can do video chats make phone calls. Replace your SMS program. FB made it separate because its not just for FB anymore.

And you sstjeff. Really? You wish you bought a different phone...because FB contact synch doesn't work?

Anyway...I don't synch contacts from FB but I'll try in the interest of helping...

igasp4air

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
driod turbo
yes actually. I would buy a phone with syncing contacts in mind... I did like the s4 setup a bit better. But I like the feel of the driod better and it seems easier on my eyes which is important to me. But my contacts for whatever reason, from my gmail or facebook or skype will not sync. not even google! Sheesh. In my s4 in settings there is an option to sync..more than one way to sync in fact..but with my driod there is one check box called 'sync' in the apps management. But when checked it does not sync. When I click sync now, it does not sync. So yes, for my job, the s5 may have been a smarter purchase. There must be a way but I can see even on this droid forum no one has figured out a real way to do it. Sadness.

And I'm with ya on messenger. I just had to throw in a little sarcasm for all who are freaking over permissions. It always makes me giggle when I see things like that.

AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Motorola doesn't have the Facebook sync. I think it stopped with Droid Maxx.

✋ Sent from my Droid Turbo with Tapatalk