sync DroidX to MacbookPro?

FredsR2D2droid

Reaction score
Does anyone have an app that will sync the Droid Contacts and calendar to the Mac Book Pro contacts and iCal? I have tried Mark/Space's Missing Sync but it worked at first and now throws errors and won't sync the contacts or calendars. I have contacted their support people but still can't get it to work. Worst of all my calendar on the Droid is theirFliq calendar and my world is in it but I can't back it up or sync it to the MacBookPro. Any ideas on how to get it to work or how to find a better (hopefully free this time since I'm tired of paying for apps without support to get them to work) syncing app.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Your best bet is probably to import your contact and calendar from your Mac to Google, then your phone will pull them automatically. You also posted in the Droid forum, not the Droid X forum.

cpjr

Reaction score
Yup I use my google account anyways.....but doing so makes it very easy and works very well.

Also, I like the fact that my contacts and such are auto pushed from my phone instantly so I never have to worry about losing any.

geoff5093

Reaction score
I used to have an iPhone, and when I first went to the Droid I hated not being able to sync with Outlook. However after using it for a few days, using Google for your calendar, contacts, and more have made it extremely easy. I add an event to my calendar on my work computer and it automatically updates on my other personal computers, and my phone instantly. No need to worry about keeping your phone manually synced to your laptop to be sure you have all your events.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
FYI -- there are Droid X subforums. This one's the Droid (A855) subforum.

cpjr

Reaction score
FYI -- there are Droid X subforums. This one's the Droid (A855) subforum.

Technically, it would be placed in the Rescue Squad section...as he's asking for help. Doesnt actually have anything to do with a particular phone, just that he happens to be using an X.