Sync Droid with Windows 7?

Jason

Reaction score
What I always do when the Motorola media link doesn't find the handset. I mount it before I open the program and it will look for it again and usually finds it

wazoo

Reaction score
So, at least for me, this is clearly a Windows 7 problem.

I installed VMWare and ran and XP partition, installed Media Link and it finds my phone no problem.

Interestingly, I did notice a difference between XP and W7 when I plug the phone in. XP actually said it found a Motorola A855. W7 never says that, and just adds a "Removable Drive (J:)" icon to MyComputer.

So..... is this a driver issue? Does W7 *not* have the correct drivers? I downloaded the USB drivers that Smilepak posted.... but not sure where or how to install them.

Thanks again to all those helping out on this....

EDIT: So a bit more info. In my Device Manager, with or without my Droid mounted, I find an entry under the Disk Drive section of Motorola A855 USB Device. However, when I try to update the drivers and point to the downloaded drives, W7 tells me that no drivers are found and the Disk Drive drivers are being used. Not sure how relevant this is, but figured I'd add it.

samredman

Reaction score
Works great with Windows 7. When I connect to my pc while listening to my music on my Droid, which is stored on the card, it's because I need to charge and have the music continue to play.

If I want to transfer to that card then it makes sense that I would direct it to "mount" so I can transfer to it.

zebrajeb

Reaction score
So, at least for me, this is clearly a Windows 7 problem.

I installed VMWare and ran and XP partition, installed Media Link and it finds my phone no problem.

Interestingly, I did notice a difference between XP and W7 when I plug the phone in. XP actually said it found a Motorola A855. W7 never says that, and just adds a "Removable Drive (J:)" icon to MyComputer.

So..... is this a driver issue? Does W7 *not* have the correct drivers? I downloaded the USB drivers that Smilepak posted.... but not sure where or how to install them.

Thanks again to all those helping out on this....

EDIT: So a bit more info. In my Device Manager, with or without my Droid mounted, I find an entry under the Disk Drive section of Motorola A855 USB Device. However, when I try to update the drivers and point to the downloaded drives, W7 tells me that no drivers are found and the Disk Drive drivers are being used. Not sure how relevant this is, but figured I'd add it.

Yep, I have the same problem on my Windows 7 64bit laptop. Droid recognized and works fine on XP machines but not Windows 7. FYI - not everyone can use the "virtual XP" since it depends on your chip.

Appreciate any help. Some have mentioned downloading driver. What driver? Where did you download it from? My Win 7 shows the drive but when I click on it it says "Insert disk in removeable disk drive" like it is no an SD Card in the phone!

Thanks

John

dhuism2

Reaction score
I have tried literally everything in this thread, and nothing will work for me.

This is so damn frustrating, especially because it worked the very first time I mounted it.

Does anybody have any more suggestions?

dhuism2

Reaction score
I wonder whose customer service I should call...

Windows 7 or Motorola....

jlnguyen

Reaction score
I'm currently on windows 7 and everything worked perfectly until I tried to go into debug mode. But once I installed the drivers, it worked perfectly...

SoupNazi

Reaction score
Win 7 Droid Update

I know this is an old post, but wanted to post I am working with my Droid now. I was able to download the SDK from Google and get just the USB DRIVER package and install that way. I've posted them here, but they'll only be there for 7 days. Sorry I don't have any where else to post them.

YouSendIt: Online File Sharing and collaboration with FTP Replacement - Send Large Files and Email Attachments with Managed File Transfer Solution

In summary, just download the google android SDK (just google that and you'll find it). Download the updates selecting the USB driver (it's not selected by default). Copy the USB drivers and then install the device as you normally would.

dawgintn

Reaction score
I know this is an old post, but wanted to post I am working with my Droid now. I was able to download the SDK from Google and get just the USB DRIVER package and install that way. I've posted them here, but they'll only be there for 7 days. Sorry I don't have any where else to post them.

YouSendIt: Online File Sharing and collaboration with FTP Replacement - Send Large Files and Email Attachments with Managed File Transfer Solution

In summary, just download the google android SDK (just google that and you'll find it). Download the updates selecting the USB driver (it's not selected by default). Copy the USB drivers and then install the device as you normally would.

i posted yersterday the same problem for my buddy. I will tell him bout this link and see if it will work for him

destinydmm

Reaction score
It wasn't working for me. what I did was go into my computer and right click, select properties. The when the window opens go into device manager. The first thing for me was Android Phone. I selected the A855 and told it to uninstall the drivers. Then w/ USB Debugging check, connected the phone to the usb port and let the drivers install again rather then use the ones that were on the computer before as those were for vista.