swype

cooksalot

Reaction score
No swype for us. They closed it and are not letting anyone else get it as of July 20th. Figures I got my Incredible on the 22nd. :p

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have it still from my droid. It is available just need to get in while there is a beta going on.

cooksalot

Reaction score
That's just it. The beta is over, but those that tested the beta get to keep it, and have access to download it to a new phone because they have a password to get in. That's what they say on their site. I did some poking around.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I know there are alternatives out there. Swype Inc should be in a good position though. Swype on one phone vs not being on another may very well be a strong factor in deciding which next phone to choose from.

Swype should let any current phone out there be part of the beta program. Sort of a give it away for free now so you get hooked and demand it later on when the phone manufacture pays for it and includes it on their model.

And I suppose it wouldn't hurt to shoot them a real nice email asking for beta access either.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I know there are alternatives out there. Swype Inc should be in a good position though. Swype on one phone vs not being on another may very well be a strong factor in deciding which next phone to choose from.

Swype should let any current phone out there be part of the beta program. Sort of a give it away for free now so you get hooked and demand it later on when the phone manufacture pays for it and includes it on their model.

And I suppose it wouldn't hurt to shoot them a real nice email asking for beta access either.

I wasn't going to mention that, as i wasn't clear on DF postion on that, but yes there are alternatives if you look for it.

OP
S

shortbus99

Reaction score
are the alternatives allowed to posted here? if so can someone direct me to one?

CrazyJek

Reaction score
I used Shapewriter... but i looked and it isnt available anymore. Figures... i accidentally deleted it.

koolshaggy

Reaction score
You can download swype via ***********. it is called HTC droid incredible swype keybored. You have to change the extension to apk with Astro file viewer, and then install it. Works great for me.

cooksalot

Reaction score
REALLY?:huh: Kewl

Nope doesn't even want to show on 2.2.

Last edited:

cooksalot

Reaction score

More like they should let any NEW! Phones be part of the testing. Gotta make sure it works on the new phones right? After all it closed like right before I got my phone I had to wait 3 weeks for the phone. Come ON! :p