Swype

drewshaver

Reaction score
actually, after trying to use shapewriter for a day i am a total fail. switched back to swype.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wish shapwriter had the options Swype does, but I prefer the keyboard layout of Swype over Shapewriter. but I can teach swipe email address but cann't with shapewriter. I'd like to take the best of both and make 1 swiping keyboard

-=Jason=-

drewshaver

Reaction score
I wish shapwriter had the options Swype does, but I prefer the keyboard layout of Swype over Shapewriter. but I can teach swipe email address but cann't with shapewriter. I'd like to take the best of both and make 1 swiping keyboard

-=Jason=-

amen. each does some things better. too bad

Jedijesus95

Reaction score
I prefer the keyboard on Shapewriter but Swype does a much better job at picking the right word.

SGTiger

Reaction score
I prefer the keyboard on Shapewriter but Swype does a much better job at picking the right word.

Beyond a doubt. If you get in a hurry and want to swipe very quickly, Swype is much more forgiving when you aren't exact with your swipe.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI, if one wants to caps a WHOLE word in swype just hold down the shift key for 1-2 secs and then the keyboard will stay in all caps till you hit shift again.

Or simply do a double loop when you cap the first letter, like doing double letters.

I'm trying Shapewriter. It's a change from Swype, like a standard shift and driving a Model T (nothing to do with age, it's just that the pedals on a Model T do different things). An odd thing was that Shapewriter didn't recognize the word "Metric." Even doing a touch typing, it wanted me to add it. Still, with practice, I'm getting better with it.

Reaction score
That helps, thanks. I was using Shapewrite before I tried swype and would go back if I had to but I find swype to be much more fun.:icon_ banana:

mju1030

Reaction score
When i installes swype it didnt work. The phone beeps and the letter area flashes blue. That do i do?
Mine did that on first install. I just tapped between the ABC keyboard and the 123 one and it worked. You may try to reboot the phone if that doesn't work.

mju1030

Reaction score
dang didnt work...any other advice?
OOPS-- I just remembered that mine did that this morning after i got that "Your version of Swype has expired, please update" message. I had to uninstall both the Swype app AND the installer(s) before installing the beta version that is the new release.

Reaction score
OK so i have to uninstall everything and install it again? um....how do you do that when the app isnt in the app list?

mju1030

Reaction score
OK so i have to uninstall everything and install it again? um....how do you do that when the app isnt in the app list?
Go to the home menu, click Settings-->Applications-->Manage Applications and select the Swype apps and uninstall. On mine, the installer app didn't appear until after I uninstalled Swype. Then I went back to the link they sent in the email and started over.

Reaction score
one last thing...could you do me the hugest favor and show me the link to get it again? i didnt save it....oops