1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Swype

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by alboboy10, Mar 25, 2011.

1. alboboy10

alboboy10 New Member

I downloaded swype, but for some reason it won't auto space or punctuate automatically. I have checked those options, and set it up exactly the way I had it on my DX.

Is it working GREAT for anybody? How can I fix this, would re-installing it fix the problem?

P.s. what keyboards does everyone use, I don't like the htc one a lot. It's sort of slow, the letters are smashed together. The keyboard on the dx was nice, swype is nice on this but I can't get it to work perfect.
  2. Kack

Kack New Member

yea its a known issue and not spacing for any tbolt device. ive emailed swype and they replied that they are configuring it for the tbolt and there will be an update soon.
  3. LHLXD

LHLXD New Member

It worked on my thunderbolt for spacing but the only problem I have with the beta version of it is that when I power off the device and power it back on, the swype application is running the background but swype doesnt work. I have to keep on force stop the process and re-enable swype again the make it work.
  4. gvanmeter

gvanmeter New Member

It doesn't auto space with HTC's stock sense 2.0 text messaging software. The auto space will work in other text fields such a this forum. It also works well with Handscent texting app, which forced me to try it...and I must say I do like it. The beta Swype app will sometimes quit recognizing swypes. To fix this, just longpress on the text field and then when you take your finger off the screen, it gives you the option to change the input method. Change it to touch input...then longpress again and switch back to Swype..it will then work.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App
  5. alboboy10

alboboy10 New Member

I e-mailed the developers also but didn't get an email back.

Mine just doesn't work, I tried checking, unchecking, resetting, changing input method...did everything but tried a different messaging client which I dont really want to do (I dont want to use handcent, or gosms or chomp)

AGH idk why they couldn't include it. I began to hate the swype keyboard on my DX because they changed the letters, but for this phone it feels amazing (the black keyboard is great) just the auto spacing and punctuation is annoying!
  6. viper1549

viper1549 New Member

+1 I have to do that as well.. Works but a pain

Sent from the Bolt.
  7. LHLXD

LHLXD New Member

Thanks Gvanmeter for your input on re-enabling the swype the easier way. You are right about the HTC Sense 2.0 Text Message Application. It works will on GoSMS though.
  8. Darksaga

Darksaga New Member

I use swiftkey and love it! The text prediction engine has me typing fewer keys and creating more content faster. It is FREE today in the Amazon app store.
  9. LHLXD

LHLXD New Member

LOL yeah, Got that this morning just in case the swype beta closes in on me. It is a great alternative better than the stock HTC Sense Keyboard.
  10. mitchb2

mitchb2 New Member

I'm glad to hear they're working on it. My gripe is that the text box doesn't scroll to follow your typing. You have to keep dragging the box as you go. And in some cases, like facebook, you can't move the screen unless you close the keyboard! Maddening.