Swype

305rev305

Reaction score
i installed swype beta now. I opened my keyboard but i dont see it. How do i choose to use the swype keyboard?

Pacerguy_Don

Reaction score
You need to press in the area where you would be typing. A popup window will ask you to choose the input method. Select the Swype keyboard. Your good to go assuming that you also enabled the Swype keyboard in the settings under keyboards.

305rev305

Reaction score
You need to press in the area where you would be typing. A popup window will ask you to choose the input method. Select the Swype keyboard. Your good to go assuming that you also enabled the Swype keyboard in the settings under keyboards.

Ok thanks I got it now.for some reason my stock text won't do auto caps....I'm on the thunderbolt...

raydog345

Reaction score
Anybody got the swype download link for the nexus

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Se7enLC

Reaction score
Anybody got the swype download link for the nexus

Obligatory note that Swype is not licensed for redistribution, posting links to it is probably against forum rules, bla bla.

If you search on Google Plus for something like "Galaxy Nexus Swype", you'll find a post written by Anthony Casagrande that will probably give you what you are looking for :)

Follow-up note:
I don't feel too badly pointing people in the direction of the "unlicensed modified copy" of Swype, as one of the Swype Forum Administrators publically acknowledged it as an option until the next Swype update officially supports it:
http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?4932-Any-update-on-the-Verizon-Galaxy-Nexus&p=24213#post24213

Last edited:

MJKneuro

Reaction score
Just downloaded Swype version 1.1.1.7628 and guess what? Voice to text works again!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hadn't updated Swype in forever, didn't use it anymore but wrote to the developers of Flex T9 to ask why it's not on the market anymore. Turns out they bought Swype and basically have turned Swype into Flex with a dark theme and are abandoning Flex so I grabbed the newest Swype last night on all my devices. Big improvement over the old one.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

MJKneuro

Reaction score
Nuance (Dragon naturally speaking and others....) Bought Swype last October. The last version integrated Dragon speak into the keyboard but it didn't work with ics until this version.

HowardZ

Reaction score
Ok,

I found the Swype beta program website.

What a pain in the but. so many steps to download a keyboard. And it will only work for six months. Why not just publish it on the Google play store?

I don't like the swiping but maybe it takes time to get used to it.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Does the rexound ICS come with swype installed?

How does one download the latest?
Not exactly Swype, but most recent HTC devices, including the Rezound, come with the default Sense keyboard that if you go into the options of it you can turn on Trace Typing, which is very similar to Swype, TouchPAL, or Slide-It, I use it everyday and it works really well actually. If you are a big "typer" on your Rezound and like Swype, try TouchPal Keyboard, it's predictions are almost amazing after it learns a little bit and it has a mid-Swype autocomplete function that really works, and it is free.

marioval

Reaction score
I'm glad Swype is working now. FYI I downloaded the beta right from swype and voice didnt work, then I got a popup in my notification bar that there was a swype update, yes thats right, an update to the app I installed right from them 60 seconds before. After the update installed voice was then working...... As far as the default keyboard and trace, it has never quite worked for me. In many fields, for example the google search bar in BoatBrowser, the auto space did not work. If I did a google search for "subaru legacy pictures" I would end up with "subarulegacypictures". it wasn;t just Boat. this happened all over the place but not everywhere.