Swype with Froyo

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, I signed up BEFORE the beta was closed also. I just didn't think of asking them to re-send...sometimes folks just need help on the up & up.

I came here looking for assistance, and with no thanks to you, I found it.

No worries....no one here is trying to pirate anything........

Snappingfish, you should look back, I wasn't even quoting you.

And you are right sometimes folks do need help on the up & up, and that is the main reason I am here...but there are people here who are trying to pirate things and if you look at the post I quoted the member said he has tried several swype.apk's which to me means he has been searching the internet for a closed beta swype.apk

I never even thought twice about your post

snappingfish

Reaction score
well then, my bad

Well, I signed up BEFORE the beta was closed also. I just didn't think of asking them to re-send...sometimes folks just need help on the up & up.

I came here looking for assistance, and with no thanks to you, I found it.

No worries....no one here is trying to pirate anything........

Snappingfish, you should look back, I wasn't even quoting you.

And you are right sometimes folks do need help on the up & up, and that is the main reason I am here...but there are people here who are trying to pirate things and if you look at the post I quoted the member said he has tried several swype.apk's which to me means he has been searching the internet for a closed beta swype.apk

I never even thought twice about your post

Thought you were inferring I might be trying to swipe a swype! lol

Thanks for the clarification.
fish

DroidFan

Reaction score
I'm glad I found this before I got Froyo...
I have Swype and love it... so knowing that it'll work with 2.2 just thrills me! :D

bornagainjcl

Reaction score
Froyo update

Every time I try to follow the steps to update my swype keyboard with the new droid update it says "parse error. There is a problem parsing the package." Help!! I hate the droid keyboard!

Riley

Reaction score
Every time I try to follow the steps to update my swype keyboard with the new droid update it says "parse error. There is a problem parsing the package." Help!! I hate the droid keyboard!

Swype | Text Input for Screens

From the FAQ area on their website:

I am trying to download and install Swype Beta using the Swype Installer and I'm getting the message: "Parse Error: There is a problem parsing the package."
The primary cause of a Parse Error is an interruption your network connection while downloading Swype. It is usually resolved if you run the Swype Installer again while connected to a WiFi network. Certain third party browsers, like Skyfire and SteelBrowser, also cause this issue. If you still receive a parse error when using WiFi and the default Android browser, please contact [email protected].

Advanced: I receive one of the following errors when I try to install Swype:
Registration of the License Failed
Swype is already installed. Please uninstall Swype and try again.
Swype is configured for another device and will operate with limited functionality.
You do not have the necessary permissions to install Swype or
The ID of this of this phone does not match your registration at beta.swype.com

These errors are often shown when the Swype installer is terminated prematurely by the Android OS system activity manager as it tries to reclaim resources. Regardless of the cause, these steps should resolve the issue:

Uninstall both Swype and SwypeInstaller from your device - detailed directions here
Reboot your device
Close as many widgets from your desktop as possible
Download the SwypeInstaller
Use a task-manager to kill all non-essential running apps
(If you are not familiar with the task-manager, you can skip this, but you may see the error again)
Install and run the SwypeInstaller
If this doesn't work for you, please download the app SendLog from the Android Market and repeat the install process. If you receive the error, immediately open SendLog, select Time, and when prompted for an email address put [email protected]. Then send us an email at the same address telling us about the problem and that you've sent us your logs. We'll look at them and let you know when we have more information.

bornagainjcl

Reaction score
swype installer

I tried everything you suggested, but i'm still getting the same error message :(

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It took me 5 installs for it to work. I used the Installer already available in my download file. The first 3 times I got the "Swype is already installed. Please uninstall Swype and try again" message. The 4th time I had a FC on the installer during the registration. The 5th time worked.

bornagainjcl

Reaction score
I got it! I was using my skyfire browser, instead of the default, it worked! Thanks so much for all of your help! :)