Swype with Froyo

DocDoom187

Reaction score
Will the version of Swype for the Droid released in June work on a Droid with Froyo?

erikfig

Reaction score
Forget about that version!!!! Install BB v0.4 How hard is that!???????????????

OP
D

DocDoom187

Reaction score
I just got my Droid yesterday, still new... So BB v0.4 has an equivalent to Swype? How do I turn it on and work it?

RichSmithSWM

Reaction score
I updated to Froyo with the forced update. Swype stopped working. The Swype Installer didn't work either. So I uninstalled both Swype and the installer and requested a new one from the beta site and all is well now. I would be very unhappy without Swype.

Last edited:

EbE404

Reaction score
Will the version of Swype for the Droid released in June work on a Droid with Froyo?

Yes, it works fine. Most folks, including myself, have reported needing to uninstall and re-install Swype after flashing Froyo, but after that, it is all good.

snappingfish

Reaction score
where did you find the installer?

I updated to Froyo with the forced update. Swype stopped working. The Swype Installer didn't work either. So I uninstalled both Swype and the installer and requested a new one from the beta site and all is well now. I would be very unhappy without Swype.

I cant find any trace of the program, OR the installer. I would love to get a new version, but Im stuck.

Thanks
fish

KungFuGeek

Reaction score
you have to go to beta.skype.com login, and have them resend the email.

Nibbz

Reaction score
im on motodroid rooted as you can see in my sig below. im wondering how i can get swype on my device? ive downloaded some apks but none have worked.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
im wondering how i can get swype on my device?
If you didn't sign up for the Beta on Swype's website before it closed then we cannot help you, Swype considers there Beta testing period to be closed and we respect that here at Droid Forums

wingsabr

Reaction score
Just sign up and swype will let you know when the beta opens again. I got lucky and emailed them one day and got a reply with my install data the next.

Oh and swype works fine with froyo, bb 0.4 for me.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got lucky and emailed them one day and got a reply with my install data the next.

That's good to know, I signed up while the Beta was still open so no worries here, I know a lot of people are still interested...thanks for posting this

snappingfish

Reaction score
rooty tooty

im wondering how i can get swype on my device?
If you didn't sign up for the Beta on Swype's website before it closed then we cannot help you, Swype considers there Beta testing period to be closed and we respect that here at Droid Forums

Well, I signed up BEFORE the beta was closed also. I just didn't think of asking them to re-send...sometimes folks just need help on the up & up.

I came here looking for assistance, and with no thanks to you, I found it.

No worries....no one here is trying to pirate anything........