Swype vs SlideIT vs Shapewriter? All look great (and similar)!

jnd121

Reaction score
nev⋅er⋅mind  /ˌnɛv
thinsp.png
ərˈmaɪnd, ˈnɛv
thinsp.png
ərˌmaɪnd/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [nev-er-mahynd, nev-er-mahynd] Show IPA
–noun Older Use. 1.attention; heed; notice (usually used in negative constructions): Pay him no nevermind. 2.business; affair; responsibility (usually used in negative constructions): It's no nevermind of yours.

I did swype. I haven't tried any others. How do you do names on swype? It ALWAYS fuggs that up.

any word you can't swype...you can just type in just like the regular keyboard. after that the swype remembers it.

today i came across a very common word that no matter how many times i tried to swipe it ....it didn't know it. the word was nevermind lol. it recognized nm.

The word is actually 2 words. Never Mind. That's why it didn't recognize it.

deputc26

Reaction score
Nevermind about that imo swype>Shapewriter Slide IT unknown to me.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually "never mind" and "nevermind" mean two separate things. Nevermind is a word that is rarely used any more which is why it probably isn't in the dictionary:

One Word or Two? - Confusing Expressions

Cool post, thanks. That's a very useful link seeing how between txting and automatic spell checkers most of us have developed poor grammar and atrocious spelling.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
As soon as auto-caps is fixed on Swype, it'll be back to my standard keyboard.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually "never mind" and "nevermind" mean two separate things. Nevermind is a word that is rarely used any more which is why it probably isn't in the dictionary:

One Word or Two? - Confusing Expressions

Cool post, thanks. That's a very useful link seeing how between txting and automatic spell checkers most of us have developed poor grammar and atrocious spelling.

Each time I read an internet forum I wish there were a universal app that corrected the use of words like "to" (when "too" is called for); "lose" for "loose"; and "use to" when "used to" is called for. My fourth grade teacher's voice screams in my head each time I see these errors.

(Yes, I realize it's my problem.)

carbonnoid

Reaction score
swype is great, i been extremely drunk, and completely screwed up spelling words and swype has been able to accurately spell it for me. I love it

jacestone40

Reaction score
I downloaded SlideIT now I have Swype and ShapeWriter ...I have been using Swype and SW for sometime been eager to try SlideIT ...now I can do a true comparision