Swype v1.5 is FINALLY available in the Play Store!

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Do you know if there is any advantage to this over the swype beta (other than supporting a great dev of course)? I like the beta over the OEM since you get to try the new features first. Maybe the beta will eventually go away.

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
Do you know if there is any advantage to this over the swype beta (other than supporting a great dev of course)? I like the beta over the OEM since you get to try the new features first. Maybe the beta will eventually go away.

Well, you get the latest version of Swype (newer than the current Beta version) and you get to support the developer financially ;-)

Also, the update process is a whole heck of a lot simpler.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
After all these years I finally get to support the developer.
I've tried all the other slider keyboards and keep coming back to Swype for its ability to practically read my mind, even often knowing what I meant if I spelled it terribly wrong.
In the past each update added a little bit more likability but this time it took a huge leap forward for me, especially next word prediction.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will this work if Swype came built in?

Yes. They stay separate though, like any other keyboard app and oem only updates with os updates from the manufacturers whereas the Play Store version (and beta is continuing) will get independent updates.
If/when you get it it will show up as Swype+ Dragon in your keyboard list.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post