Swype update

MJKneuro

Reaction score
I see there is a new Swype update today 1.3.1.9274. Anybody try it? Any impressions?

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Themes added FINALLY and more gestures. Select all, cut, copy, paste gestures are going to be very handy for me.. Other than that I haven't noticed anything yet.

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From a Beano

HowardZ

Reaction score
Thanks for the information about the update.

Recently SwiftKey 3 was on sale for one dollar and I purchased it.

I think swype makes it very inconvenient to download and install.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The beauty is we have the choice. I did a stint with an iPad and no slide ,amongst other things, was miserable. Honestly, the ability to choose keyboards on the Nexus7 is why I got one instead of just sticking with my Fire. Typing on it is as miserable to me as an iPad keyboard.
I've got Swift Key, Thumb, etc, but prefer sliding.
Once you install Swype beta the first time it's no different than the play store or Amazon market to update.

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From a Beano

OP
MJKneuro

MJKneuro

Reaction score
Got another notification for a Swype update. Installed it but then the Swype keyboard would open. Stock keyboard worked fine. Had to reload the Swype beta installer and reinstall it to get it to work. Now on version 1.3.1.9410

VidJunky

Reaction score
Well I did have a little issue with the update the first time it showed up. I tried to do it and it seemed to work but I started getting fc notifications when I wasn't using the keyboard. A day or so later I get another update notification and like MJK I had to reinstall the installer, but I think I deleted it thinking I wouldn't need it again and that may have been the problem all along. Anyway, I kind of like the themes, but I wish there was one with rounded keys. I think the square is ugly. Has anyone else thought that the themes are all kind of the same. Some with very minor differences. I had to study the pics to figure out what was different from one to another. Even though I've had it for days now nothing has really jumped out at me as different. Although I did pick up that dragon go. I've used it a few times and it isn't half bad. I've been waiting for something good to try it out on.