Swype trial expired (UD 1.0)

Trapper31

Reaction score
I just opened up my keyboard this morning and got a message saying that my Swype trial has ended, and it is no longer working. I'm still on UD 1.0, it has been so nice I just couldn't bring myself to upgrade. Does anyone know anything about this? I'm probably out of luck, I suppose it's an excuse to try 2.5 and the Gingerbread keyboard.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Are you part of the beta for Swype? If so, you can re-download from the email you received.

OP
T

Trapper31

Reaction score
Unfortunately no, I am not part of the beta, which is the reason I think it expired. I am using the version built in to UD 1.0.

Thanks for the reply!

OP
T

Trapper31

Reaction score
Awesome, just registered. Thanks for letting me know, the last I had heard the beta was closed and the wait was pretty long. Thanks again!

series70

Reaction score
Go register at swype right now ,its open.

Just did, and followed directions to download it, but the website says I don't have an Android Phone. Not sure what that is all about. I'm currently running 2.5 with no themes or additional scripts. Any ideas?

mentaloaf

Reaction score

Just did, and followed directions to download it, but the website says I don't have an Android Phone. Not sure what that is all about. I'm currently running 2.5 with no themes or additional scripts. Any ideas?
You have to download it onto your phone NOT your computer...I tried the same thing (download to pc then drag to my sd card) to speed things up and it told me you are not on an android phone...Did it on my phone and I'm back to Swype glory...

Also, the swype website has a really good troubleshooting forum for beta users, I had several issues trying to get it done today and it really helped

Last edited:

series70

Reaction score

You have to download it onto your phone NOT your computer...I tried the same thing (download to pc then drag to my sd card) to speed things up and it told me you are not on an android phone...Did it on my phone and I'm back to Swype glory...

Also, the swype website has a really good troubleshooting forum for beta users, I had several issues trying to get it done today and it really helped

The first time I tried, I did do it on the phone, which is why I was a little confused. I wasn't sure if there was something in the ROM's coding that messed with android identification. When I get home, I'll hook up to wi-fi and see if that makes any difference versus 3G. On some other ROM's I've run, I had Swype and loved it, so I really hope this works.

OP
T

Trapper31

Reaction score
Well, I registered for the beta and downloaded the installer. The installer will run and ask to log in to Swype, then I select the version of Swype to install (a smaller English/Spanish only, or complete). After downloading the file I hit install, Swype installs, then attempts to register. It's here that Swype force closes and the installer says that it failed to register.

Is this an issue for anyone else? Does it have something to do with the Rom I'm on (UD 1.0)?

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Well, I registered for the beta and downloaded the installer. The installer will run and ask to log in to Swype, then I select the version of Swype to install (a smaller English/Spanish only, or complete). After downloading the file I hit install, Swype installs, then attempts to register. It's here that Swype force closes and the installer says that it failed to register.

Is this an issue for anyone else? Does it have something to do with the Rom I'm on (UD 1.0)?

possibly wrong lib files. you will need to upgrade to a new version of ud to see if it works correctly. i know for last 2 swype releases BD needed to update the lib files for them to work.

OP
T

Trapper31

Reaction score

possibly wrong lib files. you will need to upgrade to a new version of ud to see if it works correctly. i know for last 2 swype releases BD needed to update the lib files for them to work.

Ah that makes sense and is what I was afraid of. I've become so comfortable with 1.0, I've never used a rom this long.

Thanks for the info!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Trapper31 - maybe to aid in your decision making process as you upgrade UD ROM's - I have ran all of the newer releases and I have gone back to UD 2.3 which IMO is flawless as opposed to 2.4 and 2.5 which seem to have quite a few bugs - and of course Swype installs just fine :wink:

series70

Reaction score
Well, figured it out. if you use dolphin hd, make sure you are set to android, not desktop, otherwise it won't recognize the OS and prevent you from downloading

OP
T

Trapper31

Reaction score
Trapper31 - maybe to aid in your decision making process as you upgrade UD ROM's - I have ran all of the newer releases and I have gone back to UD 2.3 which IMO is flawless as opposed to 2.4 and 2.5 which seem to have quite a few bugs - and of course Swype installs just fine :wink:

Thanks for the heads up, that is the reason I haven't moved on yet. I've had issues with every other rom but 1.0 was just perfect for me. I'll give 2.3 a shot!

Well, figured it out. if you use dolphin hd, make sure you are set to android, not desktop, otherwise it won't recognize the OS and prevent you from downloading

Glad you figured that out, I would have been stumped for much longer.

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Ah that makes sense and is what I was afraid of. I've become so comfortable with 1.0, I've never used a rom this long.

Thanks for the info!

1.0 is one of the greatest UD releases ever imo. had it running on my sisters phone since the end of October and it still runs flawless and smooth, just amazing.