Swype? Really?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have been using swype for the past 2 weeks and I am done with it. Glitchy. I am back to smart keyboard.

Sent from Tyler Perry's Row 11

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Swype not Skype. Swype is a keyboard.

g0dless420

Reaction score
I've been using Swype for a month now, since I got my D2...and have no problems with it. No, I am not the best speller, but it's been fairly accurate at figuring out words when I only have part of it entered.

You are all aware that you can go to Settings>Language & Keyboard>Swype...and change many of the options, like how often the word selector pops up, Speed vs Accuracy, etc?

Perhaps the program is not the problem...

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Smart keyboard is another keyboard app available in market

I wanted to like swype and it was working good then it stopped recognizing words....and trace started jumping all over after a week of use

leakim13

Reaction score
I rock the hell out of swype, using it to post this right now, hardly open keyboard these days.

Poor blue eyes, the tango app works ok over wifi but the camera is on the wrong side to make it that useful for video chat

Sent from the Great North Woods.

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
I get down with swype I guess its all about getting used to it.when it doesn't know a word I type it in and it remembers it. its fast and allows me to type with one hand. I have been using it for about 3 months on my D2 and its great I do agree with the good/god issue lol that never goes away and for some reason it doesn't spell BEEN either but I only use swype now I haven't used the hard keyboard in idk how long

PS. I typed this using swype, it took me about 30 seconds.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Stretch2m

Reaction score
Swype is a nice keyboard but I got one too many errors telling me I wasn't allowed to use it while trying to install it, even though I am a legitimate beta user. Also the "limited capability" error, and the "expired" error. I know there are "fixes" for when these things happen but I flash a lot of ROMs, and being told I'm not a legit user when I *AM* just got a little too annoying. I know they are to prevent Swype from getting out to the general public, but overkill is overkill.

ShapeWriter - while less polished than Swype - allows me the same swipe-typing speed and I can install it over and over again without having to jump through hoops. I had good experiences with the SlideIt keyboard too but I find ShapeWriter a little more fluid and intuitive.

EDIT: I realize my rant was sort of off the original topic but I guess my point is that there are alternatives if you get frustrated with Swype, for whatever reason.

billynair

Reaction score
tried to add words to the user dictionary, the words 2 and 2two, neither one of those will bypass the frekn 2moro word. If they wont let you erase it, you would thing they would let you rank the words!! i even tried to add a contact named 2 (since it seems to pull words from your phone book as well, like if I type 6, it will popup a phone number i have with the areacode starting with 6) but they love that frekn 2moro word!!!!

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I like Swype instead of the standard keyboard for shorter texts/emails/etc. For longer messages (talking about 5+ longer sentences), I still use the physical keyboard on my Droid 1.

I've found the more I use it, the better it gets at getting the words right. I should also note that I loath txt talk and spell out all my words, so I don't have to deal with trying to use numbers to substitute for words.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I recently started using Swype, and it's awesome. I rarely have a problem with the misspelling of words.