Swype? Really?

Fenway72

Reaction score
Why is it that they're up to 2.6.something for the beta version, but we're still on 1.4 with the droid 2? I am SOOOOOO sick of the "2moro" #@!$#&$!! The version on the Galaxy Tablet doesn't do this. I can you're 2's all day on this. So irritating to go back and modify text just because you typed a number. I actually have to spell it out as "two" to avoid the annoyance. And don't get me started on the "good" vs. "god" issue.

Sorry for the rant. This just irritates me to no end.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums App

brutalDROID

Reaction score
Lol it can be frustrating.......
Which is why I don't use it :)

tappin' and a talkin on ye' olde MOTO D2

Taegost

Reaction score
According to the folks at Swype, when it comes pre-loaded on a device (Like ours), it's up to the manufacturer to release it. They send it to the manufacturer once the version is complete, then Motorola does something to it to make sure it's compatible, then they push it out...
I did some research on it a couple weeks ago for the reasons you stated, and that's what I found.

OP
Fenway72

Fenway72

Reaction score
So essentially, there will be no updates for swype on the D2.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
What's stopping swype from just releasing it on the market? It should allow for swype to be updated quickly, instead of waiting for a firmware release to update the app.

Taegost

Reaction score
What's stopping swype from just releasing it on the market? It should allow for swype to be updated quickly, instead of waiting for a firmware release to update the app.

It's still in beta, they open it up for a short while to get more people in, then they close the beta again, I think they're trying to control the variables right now so when it does get released, it's stable and working across all platforms.

Reaction score
But what im saying is, when it does get released on the market, we wont have to wait for a firmware update on our phone...right?

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
yea i used it for about 30min and was so pissed by then I had to take it off b4 i threw my phone against the wall its the worst thing ever unless you are the spell champion of the world

OP
Fenway72

Fenway72

Reaction score
Swype, not Skype. The keyboard. Not the video chat thing.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've never liked swype. I took the tutorial on it and really truly wanted to be able to use it. Everyone talked about it so much. But I just couldn't get it to give me the letters I needed, and as far as words go it never got it right.

Anyway voice works really well, if you're in a hurry. I don't need swype.

blueeyes79

Reaction score
I have it for my computer and use it all the time.. I didnt know that you could voice chat with it on my phone. I haven't tried swype for my phone yet.. And most likely wont after reading this thread.. LOL