Swype Question

SuGaR

Reaction score
Since Swype was a leaked version, is there ever updates for it...I was reading somewhere about someone "updating" Swype, but wasn't sure if I was confused or something lol.

Royal2000H

Reaction score
+1.

I saw an update on one of the apk filesharing sites. It's 1.16.12.5228.219t instead of 0.35.3959.

Anyone know anything about this?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
1.16.12.5228.219t is just another version of the beta pack. in particular it's for HVGA displays. Swype Beta Keyboard with fix for resolution pop-up - Page 9 - xda-developers
Someone just modified that package so that it would run on Nexus better than the 'official leak'.

As to the OP's original question, NO we are not going to get updates. Swype is strictly going for OEM contracts and have gone as far as monitoring ROM devs and making sure that the beta is NOT included in any custom ROMs.

There are a few alternatives currently on the market place. Shapewriter is the most widely used and is also on other platforms (e.g. iPhone and BB devices).

Last edited:

r-dubya

Reaction score
From what i have read, an official release should be out sometime next month. I wish i bookmarked that article though :icon_eek:

jbsangel

Reaction score
From what i have read, an official release should be out sometime next month. I wish i bookmarked that article though :icon_eek:
Doubt that. Swype has consistently stated that they don't support leaked versions of the software and that they are focused on working with OEMs to distribute their software preinstalled on phones, instead of releasing it to all through the market. They haven't said that they won't ever release it to the end consumer, but only that that isn't their focus at this time.