1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

swype over 9mb??

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by phreakaj, Jan 2, 2010.

1. phreakaj

phreakaj New Member

has anyone else noticed that swype weighs in over nine mb??? is this normal for a keyboard app? or could something be hiding inside??? maybe I'm just being paranoid and I live the app but this jUst seemed strange
  2. voodoodaddy

voodoodaddy New Member

Mine too. Says app total is 9.19mb in manage app menu. Going into that it says the app takes 5.04mb while the data takes 4.15mb. Seems like an awful lot, especially for an app that I don't even use that much. But I'm sure this is the norm.
  3. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

That's normal for Swype's installation. It is a larger file but considering we've got 256mb to work with it's a small piece. Plus I've noticed no lag or slow down with my Droid since installing Swype.
    I only use 80mb or so of app memory so the 9mb (included in the 80mb) isn't a concern for me :)
  4. Anonymouse

Anonymouse New Member

Also, how do you think it knows ALL of those words? It requires a word list, and some sort of list to interpret exactly every single move to figure out EXACTLY what keys you're trying to hit.