Swype on Moto Droid [Video]

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Notice swype app keeps running even tho you don't use it.

i click on settings/application/running services and then saw the swype running all the time. and i can't even stop it. talk about battery life being worn out fast. Is this normal???

Try checking your battery usage and see how much Swype has been using. As pointed out many, many times in many, many threads the fact that an app is "running" doesn't mean it's draining your battery. If you use the keyboard, it uses battery power. If you don't, it doesn't.

i am so sorry many many many sorries...

Me too. I was cranky. :)

Shaneathan

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get the Tutorial window to stop popping up? Or the "this word was covered up by the word x you entered" ?

apples

Reaction score
Does anyone else not like to use this keyboard in landscape mode? I really love this app except for when I want to use landscape made!

I am thinking maybe just use the physical keyboard when I do that or use smart keyboard instead. Tough decision!

Sodner

Reaction score
I love Swype and find it not to be buggy. But it seems to somehow adversely affect other apps causing FC's and such. I removed it and now other apps are more stable. Hope a non Beta is released.

Last edited:
Reaction score