Swype on Moto Droid [Video]

DroidxRage

Reaction score
Well, you wouldn't want every word capitalized... I agree it would be nice after a period, question mark, or exclamation point however.

It is however a beta... so I'm sure that's something the devs have to be considering. It is the guy that made T9 after all.

zeppelin

Reaction score
You're right. I have faith. i really cant complain since its not even an official beta either.

T9 was revolutionary, so I expect nothing less from swype haha

J. Dub

Reaction score
The dev of swype said it, which is why so many people are asking about it...
Do you know him?
Where did he say that? Do you have a link we could check out?
Yes, please Jhank advise where you saw said future nightmare.
Well if anyone who works for swype works here, there should be an option to automatically capitalize the first letter of an input, and it should also capitalize names

Just my 2 cents
I concur.

mbrown1253

Reaction score
Am I the only person who really didn't like Swype? I'm not gong to read through all 17 pages of this thread to see if I am or not, but I thought it was kind of "neat" but that's about it. Maybe I wasn't using it correctly or something? I don't know, I just like the regular keyboard on the phone and the physical keyboard better.

MarkB

Reaction score
Am I the only person who really didn't like Swype? I'm not gong to read through all 17 pages of this thread to see if I am or not, but I thought it was kind of "neat" but that's about it. Maybe I wasn't using it correctly or something? I don't know, I just like the regular keyboard on the phone and the physical keyboard better.

I felt the same way until I took the tutorial and then watched the vids on the developer's site. Turned out I really didn't understand the concept, I was trying to treat it more like a T9 predictive system. Now I love it.

DroidxRage

Reaction score
The tutorial is a must to get the full effect of it... I couldn't live without it now on a touchscreen keyboard.

I showed my buddy with a Hero, and he was so mad he couldn't add it to his phone. And on something like that with no physical keyboard, Swype would be VERY useful.

DP03

Reaction score
It's like everthing else in life. Practice. When I first tried this app, I thought, I can text much faster via the keyboard. Now with some practice, it's amazing how fast I can swype. Big fan here.

Colin

Reaction score
OK, I feel like an idiot, but I'm gonna ask anyway. Finally got around to finding time to download swype... unzipped the file and there's no .apk file in there so I'm having trouble knowing what to do now.

fjabjr

Reaction score
OK, I feel like an idiot, but I'm gonna ask anyway. Finally got around to finding time to download swype... unzipped the file and there's no .apk file in there so I'm having trouble knowing what to do now.

I had the same problem til someone earlier in the thread said "I bet you're using a Mac" Download straight to the phone or use a pc and you'll be fine.

SGTiger

Reaction score

Keep in mind that the apk file is actually a zip file itself. Some unzipping programs will not only "unzip" the zip file, but will also "unzip" the apk file as well.

Colin

Reaction score
ah, ok, that makes sense. And yes, I'm on a mac. I was expecting a single file and all of a sudden I had TONS of stuff - all of which looked important in regard to swype functioning properly. I guess I'll have to mess around to see how I can make this work. Anyone know if I can transfer the zip file and unzip on the phone? Or maybe find a 3rd party unzipping program that I can have not unzip the apk?

reon

Reaction score
Response

does this app do curse words. ive typed a few but doesn't recognized them

Actually, you can, to add any word to Swypes' dictionary just tap the word in. Then swipe across the word you just created and voila.

afshinfad

Reaction score
swype is probably the best thing to happen to droid. I love it, I can text so much faster with it and the page navigation buttons are just genius. Definetly a must have for droid users.

kmasum

Reaction score
wow that was one heck of a fast typing ( was it real?) i gotta get this app... is it free?