Swype on incredible

thunderous04

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they are going to make the swype keyboard available to the Incredible as either an app dl or update? I have tried downloading the apk but couldn't get it to work correctly.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

mac6324

Reaction score
For some stupid reason it is still in a closed beta for the Inc and the Droid. Maybe to encourage people to buy newer phones that come with it already installed via a deal with Verizon?

Muggins

Reaction score
I was in the open beta that they had a bit ago and when I got the incredible, just did a normal install and works fine. How doesn't it work for you? And what source did you get the .apk from?

Sent from my Incredible

zdragon354

Reaction score
I missed the open beta. But signed up in either August or September. I did have it, it expired after a after a week or two. I don't remember where I got the file. I have tried getting it again. But, you have to have a account now.

Sent from my Incredible using DroidForums App

Muggins

Reaction score
I've been doing some research and it seems if you missed the beta then you're SOL. I uninstalled swype and tried some of the .apk's you can find on google. None of them have worked, so I think swype wants to keep it that way. Sorry bud, don't think I can help much other than saying to wait for another open beta :/

Sent from my Incredible

zdragon354

Reaction score
I have thought the same after seeing it come default on more and more devices. I think they want you to buy a new phone. Going keep this phone for at least a other 12 - 18 months though. This is my first smartphone. It has been awesome!

Muggins

Reaction score
I have thought the same after seeing it come default on more and more devices. I think they want you to buy a new phone. Going keep this phone for at least a other 12 - 18 months though. This is my first smartphone. It has been awesome!

/agreed :)

Sent from my Incredible

86mcss

Reaction score
I got the .apk from a "friend" and installed it and it worked perfect. Tomorrow when I get time Ill post it up in this thread if the mods are ok with that...

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got the .apk from a "friend" and installed it and it worked perfect. Tomorrow when I get time Ill post it up in this thread if the mods are ok with that...
We are not O.K. with it - it is not allowed to post the apk, links to the apk, or discussion of where to obtain the Swype.apk outside of the swype beta site

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink: