Swype No Longer Works...

Aniki

Reaction score
Like many here, I've had a few bugs since updating to 2.2 (namely the music player problems and new mesages not going to the top of the list ones- unlike many, my battery life has actually been better since the update but I digress...)

A new problem that developed just today is that my swype keyboard no longer works. The Swype options buttion and all the other buttons at the bottom are greyed out and the phone will vibrate and show that blue border when swype completely doesn't recognize your gesture if I press anywhere on the keyboard- It doesn't allow me to type anything.

I've tried stopping the service and restarting the phone many times- I haven't installed anything recently so I don't know what suddenly caused it. Any ideas or other people with the problem? Should I look into doing a restore?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like many here, I've had a few bugs since updating to 2.2 (namely the music player problems and new mesages not going to the top of the list ones- unlike many, my battery life has actually been better since the update but I digress...)

A new problem that developed just today is that my swype keyboard no longer works. The Swype options buttion and all the other buttons at the bottom are greyed out and the phone will vibrate and show that blue border when swype completely doesn't recognize your gesture if I press anywhere on the keyboard- It doesn't allow me to type anything.

I've tried stopping the service and restarting the phone many times- I haven't installed anything recently so I don't know what suddenly caused it. Any ideas or other people with the problem? Should I look into doing a restore?
Swype is a closed beta test. If you are already registered, you should have received an email telling you how to install the new beta. If not, I would recommend other similar programs like SlideIT. Sorry to hear you're not able to use Swype anymore.

OP
A

Aniki

Reaction score
Wait, so even though it was pre-loaded on the phone, I can't use it anymore? That seems pretty stupid.

rmcomer

Reaction score
Something's not right since sywpe comes pre-loaded and is not part of the beta on the droidX. Are you on the stock ota 2.2 or have you rooted and changed anything?

OP
A

Aniki

Reaction score
Nope. Using stock. I think im just going to try to restore to factory defaults.

bmx24

Reaction score

Swype is a closed beta test. If you are already registered, you should have received an email telling you how to install the new beta. If not, I would recommend other similar programs like SlideIT. Sorry to hear you're not able to use Swype anymore.

i singed up for there email and i have hade no emailof the new one