Swype keyboard

mikehal38

Reaction score
Yes that's it. Those blank buttons aren't supposed to be blank.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I actually don't know how to take a screen shot. What I'm taking about though is when you swype from the bottom left button with the pointing finger to the sym key. It takes you to another keyboard with arrow keys.

The above is just an added feature for directional pads. But why are you swyping from the swype button to symbol button? The swype button is for options and tips only. And if those arrow keys come up you just hit the symbol button by itself and it goes away. Mine never pops up on its own or when I swype. I just swype from letter to letter.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes that's it. Those blank buttons aren't supposed to be blank.

Yea those are just suppose to be blank :)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying your typing wrong, everyone types/swypes different. But running across those 2 buttons at the same time will pop that up.

mikehal38

Reaction score
The reason I'm asking is that I use this feature because I don't have a track ball and it helps when you need to move the cursor precisely. The blank buttons actually aren't supposed to be blank. If you tilt your phone you can see they are page up, page down, cut, copy, paste, home, end, and a few other things.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
The reason I'm asking is that I use this feature because I don't have a track ball and it helps when you need to move the cursor precisely. The blank buttons actually aren't supposed to be blank. If you tilt your phone you can see they are page up, page down, cut, copy, paste, home, end, and a few other things.

I am truly mistaken :) Even those who know a lot can still learn. Yes I tilted the phone and barely saw what was there. I have never used this feature so I thought it was just directional arrows. I will look into this for you though. But I really do think this was something overlooked when theming the swype board.

Last edited:

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

And can I suggest something as far as moving the cursor precisely? If you press on the word or place your wanting to move to on the screen you can move it into place perfectly. You press on the word and a little preview window pops up and you can keep pressing and slide it into place. Like this>>>
aefd44cd-3747-5c67.jpg

Last edited:

mikehal38

Reaction score
That's good to know thanks. The blank buttons aren't a big deal to me I just figured I'd put it out there in case it had been overlooked. I rarely use the blank buttons anyways which may be why they were left blank in the first place. I appreciate you looking into it for me though.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's good to know thanks. The blank buttons aren't a big deal to me I just figured I'd put it out there in case it had been overlooked. I rarely use the blank buttons anyways which may be why they were left blank in the first place. I appreciate you looking into it for me though.

Yea we try to aim to please. And we take it to the devs. Some things get ironed out and some wrinkles get left alone. This ROM still had the fewest bugs that I've seen.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

NattyBee

Reaction score

yes...this is a known issue...it was pointed out in the MyDroidWorld DarkSlide 4.1 thread...as far as I know it is being worked, on, but it may have been shelved for the moment...in the meantime, you may want to use the green Swipe that Chkmate has provided ;)

**Edit** I guess, reading back, perhaps he didn't provide it....it can be found in post #119 here:

http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-roms/6155-rom-darkslide-v4-2-a-6.html

Last edited:

mikehal38

Reaction score

Yea we try to aim to please. And we take it to the devs. Some things get ironed out and some wrinkles get left alone. This ROM still had the fewest bugs that I've seen.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

All of the droid x roms I've tried have been great and this one is definitely top notch. If blank buttons is all I have to complain about then I'm happy lol. these devs do great work!