Swype keyboard

mslinda70

Reaction score
has anyone downloaded this, if so where do i go to d/l it, is it a app or something

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Right now Swype is in beta trial only. Many people love it, I myself could not get use to it but I will admit I'm in the minority.

It's not available right now and if someone has an .apk file do not post it. Droid Forums does not allow .apk of trial beta's to be posted. If such a file is posted an infraction will follow.

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I thought Swype was part of the Droid X delivered apps.

Long press in any box you would type text into... input method box should come up, choose swype.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought Swype was part of the Droid X delivered apps.

Long press in any box you would type text into... input method box should come up, choose swype.

I don't think so. I don't have an X but as I said earlier it is under beta controlled release. If you have it on your X I'm pretty sure you had to have downloaded it.

ILovemyDroid

Reaction score
Yes it is preloaded on the x. I don't like.swype either but alot of others do. Just.long press where you want to type and swype

zodder

Reaction score
<3 Swype. I think that's half the reason I got the X. No more hunting around for valid beta versions of Swype for the D1! dancedroid

OP
M

mslinda70

Reaction score
nothing to download, so i just start swyping on the keyboard, lol

Pluto77189

Reaction score
It did not take too long to get used to. Funny thing, one of the reasons the x appealed to me was the wide keyboard in landscape mode. With swype,i find it to be much easier to swype in portrait mode. Typing is easier in landscape mode. Also funny: swyping while not looking at the screen is MUCH easier than typing on a touchscreen.

car guy

Reaction score
Yep. Already loaded. Love the swype! I've found you don't even have to be perfectly accurate with it. Just throw your fingers around the keyboard near the letters you need and it figures it. And once you know the keyboard pretty well it's pretty quick too. I recommend going through the tutorial. Gives a few tricks that I found useful.

mikehal38

Reaction score
I've noticed that when doing the swype motion to get to the arrow keys that most of the lettering is still black on top of the black keyboard making it very difficult to see. Any plans to fix this?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I dont remembering having that issue, ever. And I'm not sure I understand completely. Its been a while since I've used the swype that came with it. Anyway you can get a screenshot while your doing it? This is what mine looks like.

Edit: Picture removed to save room:)

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

Last edited:

mikehal38

Reaction score
I actually don't know how to take a screen shot. What I'm taking about though is when you swype from the bottom left button with the pointing finger to the sym key. It takes you to another keyboard with arrow keys.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App