Swype keyboard app?

rrockich

Reaction score
Just installed the swype beta. like it so much better than stock keyboard! Get it! IMHO

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

IronFox

Reaction score
When I choose this keyboard under settings, it still wont change from the default keyboard. Something I'm not doing right?

Thisguy89

Reaction score
When I choose this keyboard under settings, it still wont change from the default keyboard. Something I'm not doing right?

You have to long-press a text field, then select input method.

Sent from my ZombieStomped Droid 2

rrockich

Reaction score
Occasionally my swype beta keyboard will partially stop working. I can still hunt n peck and even draw lines in between letters like normal, but then when I lift my finger off to complete the word nothing happens. I then force stop the app and start it up again to get it to start working again :-/ #betaisbuggy

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Pansy

Reaction score
There's a fix for that... Long-hold in any text input field and select “input method”...change to phone default...repeat and change back to Swype. Should start working again.

Sent from my rooted t'bolt using DroidForums

Pansy

Reaction score
Complicated

Yes, the long press is fussy, but way less work than uninstalling then reimstalling the app...

BobB

Reaction score
Swipe vs. FlexT9

I have used Swype for a while, and I really liked it, but they only give you two downloads and one "reset". Recently, I got a new phone, installed Swipe (for the second time) but the phone had a defect and I exchanged it, and tried to install it again, but it wouldn't let me. I then went to Swype's website and reset it (because it wouldn't let me download to the same model of phone again) and installed it, which means no more downloads at all. After a day, I got lots of Swype error messages for whatever reason, but couldn't uninstall and reinstall again. I realize it's a beta, and it's free, but I was out of luck. I guess I could have made a new gmail account and started over, but the hassle factor was really starting to kick in. I decided it was time to try SlideIT and FlexT9. I didn't like SlideIT (they do have a 15 day trial period). But in reading reviews on FlexT9, I decided to pay $4.99 just to try it. I really needed a Swype type of keyboard that worked. I have been really pleased with it. I actually like it slightly better than Swype, and should the need arise to reinstall, I won't have any of Swype's beta issues. There are minor issues (for me) with both Swype and FlexT9, but with FlexT9 they are easy to work with.

By the way, with FlexT9, if you want it to capitalize after a period, don't type the period, but rather tap the space bar twice, which will insert a period, a space, and capitalize the next word.

I would have gladly paid for Swype, but the beta issues just became too much.

PhDCow

Reaction score
Yes, the long press is fussy, but way less work than uninstalling then reimstalling the app...

Thank you!!! I love Smart Keyboard Pro and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work. Now it does!