Swype is the best

unkilbeeg

Reaction score
I can't find it on the apparently store

I believe it is still in beta and you must download form them directly. I believe you can google Swype to get their website.
None of the above. The currently available version is a bootleg. You cannot get it straight from Swype -- right now they are selling to OEMs only. They do say that they will make it available to end users at some point in the future.

On the other hand, the tone of their comments ("our lawyers tell us to say...") I get the impression they're not really unhappy about the bootleg, but they won't actually come out and say that. I'm sure it creates buzz for them, and that's not a bad thing.

amayes

Reaction score
decided to get swype 2 weeks ago randomly and holy crap i will never go back. now i wish i could use swype for all my keyboards!

rothenbj

Reaction score
Try Alpharetta... its impossible.. lol

It just does that as a punishment for possibly living in Alpharetta, GA.

Alpharetta Alpharetta Alpharetta Alpharetta

I just typed it in four times in a row, no problem.

First you type the word out punching in the letters. Then when the four selections come up, select the word. Now try typing it. Should work every time.

You won't find it in the market. It was leaked out by the developer to get interest. They have an OEM game plan where it would be packaged with particular phones. If you do a search, you may be able to find the thread that gave instructions on how to load it, if it's still available.

rothenbj

Reaction score
I can't find it on the apparently store

I believe it is still in beta and you must download form them directly. I believe you can google Swype to get their website.
None of the above. The currently available version is a bootleg. You cannot get it straight from Swype -- right now they are selling to OEMs only. They do say that they will make it available to end users at some point in the future.

On the other hand, the tone of their comments ("our lawyers tell us to say...") I get the impression they're not really unhappy about the bootleg, but they won't actually come out and say that. I'm sure it creates buzz for them, and that's not a bad thing.

I believe that was all showboating. I believe they wanted a Droid buzz in the hope that Motorola/Google would OEM it in the future. I understand their game plan, but think they're missing an opportunity. JMHO

unkilbeeg

Reaction score
I believe that was all showboating. I believe they wanted a Droid buzz in the hope that Motorola/Google would OEM it in the future. I understand their game plan, but think they're missing an opportunity. JMHO

Well, judging from their press release about an HTC phone on T-Mobile shipping with Swype installed, it may have worked.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
For those who don't wish to go through the minor hassle of downloading the bootleg Swype keyboard or don't want to addict themselves to an app that may simply stop working when the timer runs out, there are two excellent alternatives available in the market.

Shapewriter and SlideIt.

I'm trying SlideIt at the moment and it appears to be almost as fast as Swype after using it for a few hours.