Swype for LithMod

Zepius

Reaction score
I just rooted and installed the Blueberry theme for my droid 1. I previously had swype installed from the official beta, but when i reinstalled it on Lithium, it no longer works. Does swype not work with Lithium? if it does, how do i fix it so i can start using it again?

villain1998

Reaction score
Swype works

I just rooted and installed the Blueberry theme for my droid 1. I previously had swype installed from the official beta, but when i reinstalled it on Lithium, it no longer works. Does swype not work with Lithium? if it does, how do i fix it so i can start using it again?

You have to unistall all swype files then re-install the swype installer from the email they sent you and then install swype again. Swype won't work if you use a backup to restore.

OP
Z

Zepius

Reaction score
Right. I did that, but its still not working.

villain1998

Reaction score
You may have run out of installs, sounds like you need to get the hacked version

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is a really basic question/suggestion, but have you ensured that the android keyboard is unchecked and swype keyboard checked in your settings==>language & keyboard options? Mine resets after every swype install (I've tried other ROM's and keep coming back to Blueberry Lithium) back to the android keyboard default.

OP
Z

Zepius

Reaction score
well i finally managed to get it to work.

i data wiped three times then installed blueberry theme, then before putting any other apps on, i resent my beta email and re-downloaded it. checked and made sure it worked and it did, then i installed everything else. maybe lookout was doing something *shrug*

not sure why it wasnt working (and it wasnt the android keyboard being enabled, i always turn it off when i turn swype on) but it is now so hooray!