Swype for droid 2

eric1031

Reaction score
i have recently seen this applicantion called swype where you can send text messages without picking up your fingers.

I just purchased my droid yesterday so I was wondering if there is a way to directly download the app to my phone.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Swype is a paid application still in beta. It's against the rules to post the Swype application anyway.

Reaction score
What do u mean against the rules? What rules?

And to use swype, just go into settings, then language and keyboards and change the input method to swype. I've used it, it predicts too many incorrect words, and when I adjust it for accuracy over speed it gives me too many options when I just want it to work. So I think ill stick it out with the multi touch keyboard.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

kennydied23

Reaction score
What do u mean against the rules? What rules?

And to use swype, just go into settings, then language and keyboards and change the input method to swype. I've used it, it predicts too many incorrect words, and when I adjust it for accuracy over speed it gives me too many options when I just want it to work. So I think ill stick it out with the multi touch keyboard.

It's against the rules to post the swype apk. and if you're talking about the menu that comes up after you put a word in, you can just disable it by dragging the slider all the way to the left in the "word choice window" setting.

Taegost

Reaction score
Wow, seriously? Like it was stated previously, Swype is pre-installed on the D2. There's no need to post apks or anything, so ya'll need to chill and research before you speak.
The steps that Mark gave will allow you to enable it, and I love it. I just wish we'd get the latest update already, it improves a lot of the little issues, like the one that Mark mentioned.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I admit it's a bit confusing but basically there is no reason to publish a .apk file for a phone that comes with it unless you somehow managed to delete the file. Rather then deal with any of that our position is we don't allow the .apk file of swype to be posted as it s in beta testing.

I had someone yesterday post it for a custom ROM for 2.2, but I had to remove it because it's up to the dev to install that in the ROM.

So I hope that clears things up or it just confused you even more. Bottom line is don't post the .apk for swype.

MrKleen

Reaction score
It still amazes me to this day that people don't even know what is on their phones or how to use them. This is why Verizon is putting VZ navigator on the phones now. It will take many a long time to realize that Google navigation is FREE.

Again, Swype comes as a standard option on the D2.

Reaction score
It still amazes me to this day that people don't even know what is on their phones or how to use them. This is why Verizon is putting VZ navigator on the phones now. It will take many a long time to realize that Google navigation is FREE.

Again, Swype comes as a standard option on the D2.

It amazes me as well. Lots of people just use their phones to call and text, when their phone is capable of doing tons of other things. Lots of people that i know don't realize that you can go to the main menu on your phone even when you're on a phone call.

nateohio

Reaction score
I don't see where anybody requested an .apk file. WHy was this even brought up?

That being said, it surprises me also that people will pay hundreds of dollars for a product that they have not thoroughly researched. I research everything all the way down to a $20 purchase. I looked at 100-200 different reviews for the droid multimedia dock before I bought it.

How's the old adage go about a fool and their money?

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can also go into a text message where the text is being input and long press that section and your input method options come straight up

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I assumed the OP had a custom ROM, and wanted Swype.apk. I made a mistake, people make mistakes.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Urban I wouldn't worry about it too much the fact your tryin to help is a good thing

Khiraji

Reaction score
Swype is really cool. I suck at it, but I'm getting better every day! I'm sure that once I re-train my brain to visualize where keys on the keyboard are in terms of paths instead of in terms of sequential commands to send to my fingers, I'll be pro at Swype. But for now, dang am I terrible at it. haha.