SWYPE for Droid 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmbernal3

Reaction score
Okay so I am interested with the Droid 2 very much. It looks cool and has a lot of new features (one being the ability to do the SWYPE thing.) I was wondering if there is a way to get a program or app similar to that for the first droid?

thanks guys

dancedroid

Bdog

Reaction score
Yes, there is Swype itself, still in beta stages (currently closed at beta.swype.com, but I'm sure you could find a .apk floating around), and two others I can't exactly remember the names of right now. SwiftKey I think? And no clue as to the other one

OP
P

pmbernal3

Reaction score
Sweet, I will keep looking then. Thanks a lot. At least I know there is still hope for my Droid :)

dancedroid

Bdog

Reaction score
Oop! Swype has cracked down on leaked .apk's, so you should register to their site and hope they reopen during their next update.

SwiftKey is actually a predictor keyboard like BlindType, not a slide one.

ShapeWriter and SlideIT are the other slide keyboards available.

Last edited:

Bdog

Reaction score
I operationally (personally) use swore (swype) but the latest beta has lost all signs of accuracy, as you can tell in this pose (post).

I didn't like slidit our (or) shapewriter mutch (much). SlideIT felt unpunished (unpolished) and craggy (laggy), while ShapeWriter seemed to lack any kind of auto spacing outre (or) word pectin (prediction).

If I we (were) you, I'd download all the ones I could find and try them out yourself too (to) see which one you like the best.

*Sent from my Droid. All words in ( ) are corrections to Swype's horrible, horrible inaccuracy problems

crazyjoker2

Reaction score
I'm going to try shapeit and shapewriter. Seems like they will do the trick since swype does want to sell their program..

Reaction score
I use swiftkey and love it. it is really good at predicting what you want to say.
I also have been using SwiftKey beta and have to say that aside from the interface being slightly slow (which they are working on fixing and it's apparently only on certain phones), my typing speed has increased immensely because it knows exactly what I want to say before I even say it. The fact that it scans your SMS and learns the way you talk helps it know what you're going to say. In a lot of cases I don't have to do anything but start out a sentence and then it predicts each of the following words.

Apprazer

Reaction score
Swype is the best, but is only in beta right now. I would register so you'll know when and how to get the program at the next opportunity.

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Swype is the best, but is only in beta right now. I would register so you'll know when and how to get the program at the next opportunity.

Well I am not one of the cool kids since I don't have it. ;)

I have thought about registering but always forget. Might do it right now ;)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Swype is the best
Best is subjective. There are certainly those that don't prefer Swype (I'm not one of them). Try the other keyboard apps. You can't beat first hand experience for assessing these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.