swype for big people?

nakhleh926

Reaction score
so, my thus are huge, and I keep making tips when I use store, and I was writing if there was a bigger keyboard layout for it or something that someone made? like a new skin that makes the letters larger?

ABOVE is how I type without having to go in and correct it, this is the spell checked version, where I type really slowly or delete a LOT. usually make more errors, too.

so, my thumbs are huge, and I keep making typos when I use swype, and I was wondering if there was a bigger keyboard layout for it or something that someone made? like a new skin that makes the letters larger?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

phartwig

Reaction score
I agree I have the same issue. I cant see where I am swyping because f my thumbs and seem to be trying to look over my thumb to do it. I can't get used to it so i just use the regular keyboard.

mikehal38

Reaction score
It takes time, I think everyone does that at first but you end up getting good at it like anything else.

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
It takes time, I think everyone does that at first but you end up getting good at it like anything else.

I've been using it for a month :(, I'll try a bit longer because I really like the idea of it, maybe I need to mess with the dictionary and add my own words/remove ones I don't use like mcgrath or izaak.

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
I agree I have the same issue. I cant see where I am swyping because f my thumbs and seem to be trying to look over my thumb to do it. I can't get used to it so i just use the regular keyboard.

exactly what I've been doing, I have swiftkey which is great but I type while laying down so swype is now convenient.

now = more

mikehal38

Reaction score
That really does help. And I guarantee if you give it some more time you'll never go back because you'll be texting so fast. I love swype if you can't tell lol.

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
That really does help. And I guarantee if you give it some more time you'll never go back because you'll be texting so fast. I love swype if you can't tell lol.

lol I don't blame you, I would love it too if it was my friend! now I only like-like it, with a man crush, we'll see how this relationship progresses.

turdbogls

Reaction score
you really have to mess with the setting to get it to your liking. i was making all sorts of mistakes before, but i go the sliders just right now so i dont make many mistakes any more.

i love me some swype :)

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
you really have to mess with the setting to get it to your liking. i was making all sorts of mistakes before, but i go the sliders just right now so i dont make many mistakes any more.

i love me some swype :)

every time I messed with that I made it worse lol, playing with it now though.

cambrosio

Reaction score
I really enjoy the swipe feature. It does take some getting used to though.

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I Swype using my pointer finger. I guess I could use my thumb, but I'd never thought about it. Though, I find the phone a wee-bit too big to try to Swype and hold in the same hand. I don't do too bad with the Pointer Finger Method.

I started using Swype as a beta on my Eris and was pleasantly surprised to see that Swype was already loaded on the X.

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I Swype using my pointer finger. I guess I could use my thumb, but I'd never thought about it. Though, I find the phone a wee-bit too big to try to Swype and hold in the same hand. I don't do too bad with the Pointer Finger Method.

I started using Swype as a beta on my Eris and was pleasantly surprised to see that Swype was already loaded on the X.

I can't do it with the same hand unless it's a really short response, left hand is holding my phone while my right is swyping, granted I'm laying down so it's probably harder just because of that to begin with.

jmorton10

Reaction score
I never got fast enough with Swype to really make it worth using.

I do like playing with it, but after using it for almost a month, I realized I can actually text a lot faster & with WAY LESS typos using TouchPal KB.

~John

KHeeney5

Reaction score
I'm ready to be bashed, but I hate swype. I like the normal keyboard. I'm currently using the Gingerbread keyboard. Which has smaller keys, but they are spaced out more, preventing typo's.

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
no bashing :), it's all preference, I like the gb keyboard too, but when I'm not using swype I use swiftkey because my brain remembers I payed two dollars for it.