Swype expired in community rom 2.0

Nas

Reaction score
Anyone know how to fix this??

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Tvo14

Reaction score
Elsewhere in this forum...

"To fix mine I changed to the android keyboard, then deleted /system/lib/libSwypeCore.2.29.71.20203.so and /system/app/Swype.apk, then downloaded and installed swype from the swype web site."

Search is your friend.

OP
Nas

Nas

Reaction score
Why wouldn't it when its from a rom?

OP
Nas

Nas

Reaction score

"To fix mine I changed to the android keyboard, then deleted /system/lib/libSwypeCore.2.29.71.20203.so and /system/app/Swype.apk, then downloaded and installed swype from the swype web site."

Search is your friend.

Thanks ill give this a try later

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why wouldn't it when its from a rom?

Because your asking a question related to a ROM doesnt make it Development, thats all.....post in general when asking questions OR in the actual ROM thread to get faster responses and no one breathing down your neck about where your posting...

Food for thought :)

OP
Nas

Nas

Reaction score

Search is your friend.

What did you use to delete the file??

freshveggies

Reaction score

Search is your friend.

Thank you. This worked for me. I used Super Manager to delete files (free from market).
In order to download the latest Swype keyboard I had to create an account with Swypeinc.com. It was pretty simple.

Sport

Reaction score
This thing is fighting me every step of the way.

After not having success with Root Explorer and Emulator, I decided to try Super Manager. This seemed to have deleted the two Swype files.

Now Swype has let me download up to choosing 'Swype Beta English. After pressing 'Finish' it downloads for approx 30sec. then says, "Download not complete'. I then turned Wifi on and am trying again, but now it seems to be hanging on the download as it's been downloading for several minutes.

Thoughts?

Oh...I have great Wifi connection.

Last edited:

freshveggies

Reaction score
Forgot to say that I did a reboot after deleting the old swype files. I don't know if that matters.

Downloading the new swype failed at first. I then tried a second time and it worked.

Sport

Reaction score
Forgot to say that I did a reboot after deleting the old swype files. I don't know if that matters.

Downloading the new swype failed at first. I then tried a second time and it worked.

Yup...Reboot worked.

Thanks!