swype broken...yet again

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
I'm sure some people are in the same boat as me..an avid swype user, whose unfortunate enough to not be included in the beta yet, so my install keeps breaking. Yes, I've seen slideit, but ~$8 for a keyboard...expensive..(even though if I don't get an invite to the swype beta soon, I'm going to break down and pony up the cash any way) alas...as I sit here chicken pecking away at my droid's physical keyboard, I just want to know if any one else is feeling a little swype withdrawl with me.

OP
mikeofmikes83

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
I had no idea this was becoming an issue o_O

Dually noted, and no worries ^.^

So, that said, I'm guessing there are actually tons of people who are with me on this. I bet a free keyboard that's similar in principle to swype would get a bazillion downloads.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You have no idea, and thanks for understanding...I was unaware that Slide-It was $8.00 that is a pretty penny for an application, at least we have the 24hr return policy :)

OP
mikeofmikes83

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
So true, so true indeed, $1-$4 is do-able...$8 is madness. i'm using the demo version as I speak, and am actually digging it more than swipe at the moment.

harrellj

Reaction score
Also, I'd keep an eye on some of the various other Droid sites. Droid-life just had a contest where they gave 50 beta invites away, depending on things, maybe another site will do so in the future.

OP
mikeofmikes83

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Ty for the info. I heard tell that swype is intended as a stock keyboard, and not as something added by the user which is why its not available on the market...i think that's kindda silly but hey what do I know, im just a lowly computer tech... :)