Swype Beta

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by jerroedr, Sep 30, 2010.

1. jerroedr

jerroedr New Member

So I use ss4.8 and thats why im posting here, but if there is somewhere else better let me know.

I love swype, but it is missing one key thing, the ability to press the mic on the keyboard to be able to speak a message which is great for driving.

Since swype just released a new beta and the requested feature was not on it, it makes me think they dont really care about the beta group.

So my humble request is can one you you droid gods add that feature? I dont know how programing works so I just dont know.

Thanks!
  2. droidkevlar

droidkevlar New Member

Why not just use the google voice search app? I have mine setup so when I long press the search soft key, it brings it up. You can use it for text msgs, email, phone call, everything! And I have a really deep voice and it picks it up 90-95% of what I am really saying.
  3. jerroedr

jerroedr New Member

that doesnt work from within the message though. Im tryin to see if the voice to text function can be added to the keyboard.
  4. droidkevlar

droidkevlar New Member

I know it doesnt work within, but its a work around for now. I dont think this will be something easily done or someone would have come out with it already as I am sure you arent the first person to want this feature.
  5. jerroedr

jerroedr New Member

its been done before just not for the d1
  6. droidkevlar

droidkevlar New Member

Hmm..I guess me was blind when I had the Eris or just too many drugs cuz I dont rem seeing it. :biggrin:
  7. Fault

Fault New Member

I totally understand your problem. I have requested this feature from swype, who knows if we will ever get it. I HIGHLY reccommend using handcent for your text message app. First off the ui is COMPLETELY customizable, even backgrounds and message font, and appearance, but also if u press the menu button, there is a talk option. Try it out!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  8. TedWilliams

TedWilliams New Member

Born in Cambridge, MA but now live in Portland, OR
    I used swype forever, but grew tired of it, especially after I found SwiftKey in the market. I'm able to type much faster with swiftkey compared to when I used swype. And, it has the voice button on the keyboard. I recommend it. I think it's $0.99 right now, but goes up to $2.99 tomorrow..I think.
Search tags for this page

bete ss4.8