Swype BETA 3.25

lotus22

Reaction score
Anyone have any luck installing the new beta for Swype? According to Swype | Text Input for Screens 3.25 is out but it always downloads the old version of Swype.

Maybe Swype thinks that the Droid X comes pre-loaded with Swype and cannot run the new version.

km75

Reaction score
I just installed it yesterday on my girlfriends galaxy s. The first thing i had to do was un-install the previous version before installing the latest version.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
L

lotus22

Reaction score
I just installed it yesterday on my girlfriends galaxy s. The first thing i had to do was un-install the previous version before installing the latest version.

Thanks, I've tried this. I have the Swype installer 12.16 which is the latest.

km75

Reaction score
Ok but the swype installer wouldnt be the issue. Did you delete the actual older swype application before you tried to download the newest version? I didnt do that the first time around and i experienced the same thing you did. It installed but with the exact same version. Only when i un-installed the older version did it actually install the 3.25 version.

OP
L

lotus22

Reaction score
Thanks man. I'm sure I did this yesterday and it downloaded the same version.

I cleared the data from Swype and then uninstalled and then hit the Swype installer again and 3.25 downloaded.

km75

Reaction score
Yeah thats the steps i took to get it to work correctly. Sorry to hear it isnt working for you. Hopefully someone else on these forums will be able to help you to get it to work. Good luck.

OP
L

lotus22

Reaction score
No it now WORKS after uninstalling Swype and then hitting the installer. Must have been something on Swype's side yesterday.

km75

Reaction score
Glad to hear that. Im sure you will enjoy it because the additional features are pretty cool.

JWellington

Reaction score
Swype just keeps improving more and more....if only it could read your mind. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better.

Swyped from my DROIDX from Tapatalk.

pjniez

Reaction score
No it now WORKS after uninstalling Swype and then hitting the installer. Must have been something on Swype's side yesterday.

How did you uninstall Swype on your Droid X? I thought it couldn't be installed since it was preinstalled on the DX? The last time I did this on my DX, I was rooted and had to delete all of tvs parts of Swype manually.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

JWellington

Reaction score
You need root access, then use titanium backup to uninstall it. Remove the installer too. Turn reboot the phone and proceed to install.

Swyped from my DROIDX from Tapatalk.

pjniez

Reaction score
Ah... Okay. That sounds a heck of a lot easier than what I did!

Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ChAiNsAw

Reaction score
I have the Thunderbolt, anyone else having issues with auto space and capitalize??? Just installed version 3.25. The options are all checked but it still will not capitalize the first word in a sentence, nor will it auto space...driving me crazy!!! It even promts me not to bother using the space bar even when it doesn't work!