Swype Android Beta!!

butch350

Reaction score
If you type a message then delete back to start, it doesnt re-capitalize 1st letter again, also it seems to be really unresponsive..takes a sec for text to catch up to typing speed, even when your deleting it lags but I like the layout and swype feature..

Working fine on my droid with no prolems...so far.

thedefectkid

Reaction score
OK for all of you have a problem with just the line showing REBOOT YOUR DROID it works for me now.

I am in love with this new beta Swype deleting words is alot easier and faster and the words are way more right then the one before. Simply I am glad the OP posted this as I would have never found it and I am very happy with this Beta.

:icon_ banana:GREAT WORK SWYPE TEAM!:icon_ banana:

Droidster163

Reaction score
how do you uninstall the previous version of swype?

Last edited:

butch350

Reaction score
Not going to lie this is a little stupid, first you register and then you download the "installer" then you login then you download........

Maybe just post the apk???? Seriously.....

Swype wants a record of those beta testing the software.

That's generally the policy with any company - your register before
download - don't you gamers know that?

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
Anyone else click on the link sent to you and see the response "You are not on an Android phone"....what is my Droid a mutant!

Just to clarify I am not rooted or using any Home replacement, just Launcher for 5 screens.

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
Interesting I just sent the link to another email address but this time opened it up with the stock browser and not XScope and it worked fine. Anyone else use XScope and get it to work?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

bastosero

Reaction score
I seem to be unable to uninstall the Swype that came with the latest SmokedGlass ROM 5.0.1. I went to Applications and tried to uninstall it there, then restarted my phone just to be sure, but when I rebooted, it was still there. Any advice?

I also tried installing over the current Swype that I have on the Droid, but still nothing.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Interesting I just sent the link to another email address but this time opened it up with the stock browser and not XScope and it worked fine. Anyone else use XScope and get it to work?

I chose to use the stock browser (much as I like Gary's xScope) for this just to avoid the sort of problem you experienced. For such work where I suspect a website might be expecting a vanilla browser it's good to have one available.

bastosero

Reaction score