SwitchMe - securely share your device [ROOT PROFILE MANAGER]

subspace

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Another Android first from Fahrbot Mobile

SwitchMe is a unique application for root users that allows you to log in and out of multiple installations of Android just as you would on a desktop computer.

The technology behind SwitchMe saves all of your applications and data, protects it and stores it as a file in memory. You can then log out of an
account and log into a fresh installation of Android or another account with its own unique content.

You may create as many profiles as the memory is capable of holding. Some of these may require very little free memory because they contain few apps,
others will be larger as they contain many applications and lots of cache and data.

Why is this functionality useful?

Privacy - the most obvious benefit is that you can securely share one device among multiple users, which gives you privacy and peace of mind.

Testing - if you are a developer, you can use profiles as clean sandboxes to test your applications and their interaction with the system.

Gaming – with multiple installations of Android on a single device, you can now play online MMOs as different characters.

Speed - the games your kids play slow down your tablet, but with SwitchMe you can easily create profiles without games or instant messengers.

Battery life - when the battery is low but there are important emails or documents to edit later, switch to a profile which only contains these essentials.

These of course are only suggestions - there are plenty of other uses for the functionality SwitchMe offers.

Usage warning

Its critical to understand that incorrect use of this application can potentially harm your device. This can happen if you create and switch to a profile that
exceeds the available memory – switching into this profile will cause a boot loop as Android attempts to unsuccessfully build the Dalvik cache.

Before proceeding with use we strongly recommend that you perform a full nandroid backup through recovery.

APPS2SD AND SIMILAR SOLUTIONS ARE NOT SUPPORTED, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Stay tuned, and please rate the application by pressing the star button on the main screen - good ratings help us improve and expand functionality!

Market link:

https://market.android.com/details?id=fahrbot.apps.switchme

The Lite version only allows the creation of two profiles and has no security features.

Screens:

OP
subspace

subspace

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Any issues to report?

OP
subspace

subspace

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Anyone have issues to report?

techgov8

Reaction score
Awesome app. I like it to use for different launchers and be able to set up different profiles to use different apps for specific profiles. Can you install multiple firmware, such as a differnt one for each profile?

OP
subspace

subspace

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Awesome app. I like it to use for different launchers and be able to set up different profiles to use different apps for specific profiles. Can you install multiple firmware, such as a differnt one for each profile?

No. Only clean or cloned installations of the same ROM.

OP
subspace

subspace

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
SwitchMe 1.2 has been rolled out and now includes a lockscreen replacement:

Added lock screen for logging in and out
More stable Fast switch implementation
Reworked UI colors

Now, its very important that we get some feedback on how this big new feature works, so please read up on it in the help and post your thoughts!

OP
subspace

subspace

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Any issues to report? Suggestions maybe?

OP
subspace

subspace

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Fixed device specific switch screen crashes and issues
Fixed UI bug in switch screen preferences

OP
subspace

subspace

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Any issues with the latest version?

its 1.5.3.0

OP
subspace

subspace

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Anything at all to report?

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

OP
subspace

subspace

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Any issues or suggestions?

techgov8

Reaction score
Can you explain how to use the lockscreen? I don't know if I'm doin something wrong but I can't enable it

OP
subspace

subspace

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Can you explain how to use the lockscreen? I don't know if I'm doin something wrong but I can't enable it

Im not sure exactly whats stumped you... Its a switch screen which allows you to switch into multiple profiles or unlock your current profile.

What do you want to know?

techgov8

Reaction score
You have down a lockscreen so I figured that it was a "lockscreen" but I see what your talking about