switching to tmobile

jgraves

Reaction score
I currently have the Droid X, but next month I'm having to switch to T-Mobile b/c it is cheaper. I'm stuck between three phones, the G2x, myTouch 4G, and the Samsung Galaxy S. I was just wondering what ya'll thought about these phones far as which one has better camera, and all around better phone. Thanks.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do they have the Galaxy S2 yet? That's what I would pick, followed by the MyTouch

random rom'd X

Insidious

Reaction score
Id either wait for the gs2 or get the sensation.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

en28so

Reaction score
Oh yes tmobile, what a terrible company that is. They screwed me over big time. Their coverage sucks, their customer service sucks, and they throttle you. When I told them to suspend my service temporarily on one of my phones(because it was broken ), when I told them to reconnect it, they told me : sorry ur line has been disconnected and if you want to restore it u will have to pay $350! I didn't so they screwed up my credit. Sorry for the post hijacking. But good luck. Cheaper is not always better. I have had Verizon since 2009 with zero issues. Sorry again.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Also hijacking this thread. I would consider very carefully before switching to tmobile. Talk to people that have it and especially those they did but don't anymore.

My experience, I have had Verizon for years with no problems. Because tmobile was so much cheaper, I tried a 10 day "free" trial they were offering. I was not able to get service anywhere so within 24 hours, I cancelled. On day two, I took three phone in bc, it was still active. They took the phone but sent me a bill every month. I battled them for 2 years bc they insisted on sending me a monthly bill and then wanted to charge me a $200. I had sent them copies of my free trial contract (lucky I save these things). They either finally gave up or what onto their next victim. It was a nightmare.

Imo, they are as crooked as a company can get.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

Blacksantron

Reaction score
Just read in my local paper that AT&T is buying t mobile... Some sort of antitrust issues involved but still...

Snow02

Reaction score
If you don't travel much, and have good service in your area, they're a great option. Their hspa speeds are quite good too.

That being said, if you can wait for the GS2, get that. If you need a phone today from the three you listed, I like the MT4G.

comk4ver

Reaction score
just letting you know right now samsung doesn't import your contacts from your google account I'd recommend saving your contacts to sd card then importing... my friend did the same and jumped ship... Just letting you know

Snow02

Reaction score
just letting you know right now samsung doesn't import your contacts from your google account I'd recommend saving your contacts to sd card then importing... my friend did the same and jumped ship... Just letting you know

What are you talking about? That's not true.

fisterkev

Reaction score
I dropped T Mobile and payed the fee to cut the contract, and happily haven't looked back. My supposed $80 or so family plan somehow got jacked up to $150+ every month with little fees that no one could explain when I called customer service, so I dropped 'em.

I have my X through Verizon with a contract I share with someone else, but the rest of the family has prepaid phones, and we are saving lots of $. The prepaid phones are getting pretty good now, too (see Virgin Mobile's Motorola Triumph, very similar to a Droid X), and they save you lots of cash. Something to think about.

comk4ver

Reaction score
What are you talking about? That's not true.

I have a friend who called me because her samsung droid wasn't importing her contacts and I checked her settings sync, account etc. And it didn't bring her contacts. So I imported them through the sd card.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I have a friend who called me because her samsung droid wasn't importing her contacts and I checked her settings sync, account etc. And it didn't bring her contacts. So I imported them through the sd card.

Because you had a friend who's contacts didn't import to her charge, then that was a fault of something other than her phone being a Charge. My Google contacts imported perfectly fine to my Charge.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

brandon9559

Reaction score

Your friends gmail was not set to back up contact data. That statement is absolutely not true.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums