Switching to Silent Mode When the Screen is Locked

Ragtop99

Reaction score
Is there a way to switch to vibrate or silent mode when the screen is locked? On my razor it could be done through the buttons.
I thought about adding a locked screen widget, but don't see a way to add a widget to the list it provides.

devdeuce

Reaction score
You can adjust sound settings from the swipe down menu, which works from the lock screen as well. Considering you'd have to slide a shortcut all the way to unlock anyway, it's just as fast to access sound from the swipe down menu.

there is no spoon

Last edited:

devdeuce

Reaction score
Is it because you have password protect on or something like that? I just have swipe to unlock and it works fine, or is it a difference between the g2s on different carriers?

there is no spoon

OP
R

Ragtop99

Reaction score
Yes, there is a password lock. Even with it locked, I can launch the camera. It also allows some other widgets to be used, but not the complete list of widgets.

scott craft

Reaction score
What happens when you wake the phone with the power button then press and hold the button like you were going to turn it off? I don't have a screen lock, but using the power button I can bring up a menu with options to switch the phone to vibrate.

devdeuce

Reaction score
What happens when you wake the phone with the power button then press and hold the button like you were going to turn it off? I don't have a screen lock, but using the power button I can bring up a menu with options to switch the phone to vibrate.

Good call! I just tested that and it works. Only for vibrate, but better than nothing. I guess you could also try putting settings as a lock screen shortcut. I think I'll be sticking with slide to unlock though and just never let anyone touch my phone.

there is no spoon

OP
R

Ragtop99

Reaction score
Bingo! I've tried that in the past, but I guess I didn't hold the button down long enough. Thank you both for the help.