Switching to Metro PCS, need to flash my phone?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by combat_chuck, Jun 12, 2012.

1. combat_chuck

combat_chuck Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This might not be the right forum section for this, so if there's a better one can you please direct me there.

I kinda came up with a crazy plan that involves flashing my HTC Droid Incredible 2 to switch over to Metro PCS. I decided I wanted a tablet instead of a smart phone (sorta) mostly because I want a 10 inch screen, but I still want a phone for texting and calling. But after looking at pricing for every combonation I could think of I figured out that the cheapest thing to do WOUD HAVE BEEN to get a super cheap 4G phone (you can get them for a penny sometimes), a wifi tablet, and use my phone as a hot spot for my tablet because I'm currently locked into unlimited data for $30/month and tablet plans are really expensive. Of course, Verizon is run by horrible people who don't like having customers, apparently, and they're changing all their crap and I don't want to pay $80/month for 1GB of data (the no contract smartphone plan).

Anyway, the only reason I explained all that is incase someone else want wants to help me screw Verizon with a similar plan.

But my question is this: Do you think this will work? Can I use my droid inc 2? Or is it possible to get a verizon tablet and flash it onto Metro PCS? Thanks for any help!

2. mikeybonez28

mikeybonez28 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Any hits on flashing the inc2 to metro? I have the same phone & love it but i hate the cost of verizon

3. WONDERFULLCOXXX

WONDERFULLCOXXX New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    how about any help for the Droid Bionic? i got this phone but i have service through metro pcs and got a crap metro phone. i wanna flash my bionic and transfer my service over to it.

4. wicked

wicked Administrator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,729
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    @MikeAlvez
    Just take your phone into a MetroPCS store and I'm sure they'll get you squared away.

Search tags for this page

droid bionic metro pcs

droid bionic on metro pcs
droid bionic to metro pcs

flash droid bionic to metro pcs

flash my phone to metro pcs

htc dna convert to metro pcs
htc droid incredible 2 to metro pcs flash

where can i flash my phone to metro pcs

where can i flash my phone to metropcs

will metro pcs flash my phone