1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Switching to BB V0.4

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by hkv510, Jul 21, 2010.

1. hkv510

hkv510 New Member

Hi All,
    This may or may not have been addressed already, and if so, please accept my apoligies. I want to switch over to BB. Right now I am running jrummy froyo v5.09 and I was wondering if I need to to a wipe data and cache when I install BB. Thanks for your help.
  2. wricks

wricks Premium Member Premium Member

Short answer is, yes. Backup and do the wipes then install

Long answer - create a backup of what you have now, dl BB over what you have. Worst case is that if you have any issues you'll have do a restore, wipe, wipe, wipe then install.

As for me, my sainted mother always told me to make sure to wipe. It applies here as well.

BTW - welcome!
  3. hkv510

hkv510 New Member

Thanks for your reply. I had figured it would be best to wipe, just wanted to get other opinions. I just hate to wipe and have to redo everything, but if it works better then not wiping, i would rather wipe and redo everything and have a smooth phone.