Switching through 3G and 4G

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by DrPepper721, Oct 5, 2011.

1. DrPepper721

DrPepper721 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is it possible to switch through 3G and 4G because it would really help me out. And I do not want to root my phone if there is some sort of widget or application that would be great.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

2. Trip3601211

Trip3601211 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Whaddup doc? lol. Go into settings> Wireless and network> Mobile network (should be at the bottom) and system select. You can either 1.) LTE mode which is 4G or 2.) CDMA Mode and choose home or automatic. (which is 3G) Hope this helps.

3. Trip3601211

Trip3601211 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    yes I'm on a DX2 but have a Charge as well collecting dust until the GB update. Too many random data drops and network not available...couldnt take it anymore. That phone needs an OTA A.S.A.P. lol.

4. DrPepper721

DrPepper721 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dude thanks slot. Really helped me out really waiting for that gingerbread update for the charge.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

5. Trip3601211

Trip3601211 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    No problem bro. If I ever see anyone on here with a question that I know about, I will let it be known. Glad it was able to help you. Yes I am waiting for that GB as well man. Still got the Charge sitting in a drawer in my room. Like I said, I couldnt stand the dropped network every hour or so. My DX2 is running great, I flashed the latest SBF to 2.3.4 and I couldnt be more happier. But when this GB comes to the charge, better believe I'm switching BACK! lol. If you ever have any other questions at all you can PM me anytime and I'll be glad to lend you my knowledge. Or post on this thread as it is saved in my participated and I'll answere any questions on here. Let me know if any good news comes to the charge as I do turn it on every once in awhile to play with it, I do miss the SUPER AMOLDED PLUS screen...god is it flawless. Enjoy your device dude! dancedroid

6. HeavyAssault

HeavyAssault New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Been running my Charge with no switching issues. What are the symptoms?? Maybe I'm missing the drops.

7. Trip3601211

Trip3601211 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Well not a switching issue for me since I'm not in a FULLY covered 4G area, I'm in an extended area so in my case while in LTE mode I would go ranging from 4G LTE, to 3G, maybe 1X sometimes to completely nothing. I usually stayed on CDMA mode and automatic. When I would open certain apps such as facebook or my Gmail it would load for a second, then I would have NO data and a message would pop up saying no network available and I would either have to wait for it to come back (wether it be a minute to 5) or restart my phone. There has been SO many people with this same issue and still no update to fix it. I'm very suprised you havent noticed it yet. Maybe I just used it alot though. Play around with it and you might notice as well. My guess is a problem in the radio that picks up the frequency. Which is WHY we need this update so bad. Or root, people have said very good things about 2.3.5 and having NO problems whatsoever, no drops, no lags, great battery. But I'm a total noob on rooting/rom. I just did an SBF flash to 2.3.4 with my DX2 for the FIRST time. (and I was scared) lol. But it looks like I did it perfectly...So I may be moving on to learn how to root/rom. Might even pick the Charge back up and see what I can do with it. Nothing to loose since I have no warrenty on that one. (bought off ebay.) Just have been playing alot with the DX and DX2 since I'm under warrenty. Had 4 DX1's and they finally let me get a DX2 replacement. I'm on number 2 for the DX2 as well. Motorola has got LOADS of issues though. WHOLE other story. But hope this answers your question and let me know if you run into that problem. Good to hear you havent yet, but then again as you stated, maybe you just havent noticed it yet. (may do it while your phone is in standby) Glad to assist in any questions for you Charge owners. I played around with mine for a couple months so I know enough of the basics. Hope this GB fixes your devices as well as mine. Good Luck! dancedroid

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
Search tags for this page
how do i change my phone from 3g to 4g
how to change 3g to 4g
how to change a rooted 3g android to a 4g android phone

how to change my 3g to 4g

how to change my 4g to 3g
how to change my phone from 3g to 4g
how to change to 4g on samsung charge
how to change your 3g to 4g
how to switch from 4g to 3g on samsung charge
how to switch to 4g on droid charge