Switching ROMS.

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by G8GT594, Jul 21, 2010.

1. G8GT594

G8GT594 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been an AVID BB fan since I got this phone which was 2 days after release date lol. I am now attempting something different. Switching to Chevy's SS. Any takers on how fast BB will be back on my phone?
  2. Axium

Axium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    when i first flashed 4.5 and did the rstapps thing it forceclosed everything so i was back to bb 1.1 in about 2 minutes lol. not really a fan on constant FC on restoring my backups but i heard if you let it run thru restoring apps then restart its cool, i just was too hesitant to give it a shot
  3. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, if it was Kangerade, you might never be back, but each ROM has it's own little perks, it's up to the user to decide.
  4. BuglessFan

BuglessFan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've never seen a mass produced gadget that had more individual quirks and personality. You never know what's going to play nice with your little phone-person.
  5. G8GT594

G8GT594 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well that was short lived. SS was laggy on my phone. I wiped 6 times cleared cache 6 times as I normally do. I could tell I was going to have issues as soon as the google sign in steps appeared. Back on bb again. Maybe ill try kangerade later today.
  6. lee__D

lee__D Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i liked ss , the rstapps thing was cool and worked for me....i switched back to bbv.4 from ss (w/o wiping for fun - and it worked fine), basically to wait for v.5
  7. coltzfan

coltzfan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Most of the Roms have their own personality which I like. I have tried them all. I always seem to go back to BB. I think Pete has something amazing in the works for BB v.5 I cant wait for it. His roms have always run great on my phone. I am currently checking out SS 4.5 and it works great. No issues. with the rstapps, I just let it sit and force close everything then when it was finished, all was good. So experiment and try out them all, it doesnt hurt anything....just remember your Nandroid backups!!!!