Switching roms

draexo

Reaction score
Any info on switching between various GB roms? I am on 596 ... I'd like to try Apex and Liberty. Any advice our how to?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

razorloves

Reaction score
the instructions for installing the rom are in each of the threads for those roms. To switch between them, you just make a backup and restore with clockworkmod recovery.

Do you need help finding the rom thread where the install instructions are?

OP
draexo

draexo

Reaction score
the instructions for installing the rom are in each of the threads for those roms. To switch between them, you just make a backup and restore with clockworkmod recovery.

Do you need help finding the rom thread where the install instructions are?

I am familiar with Nandroid backup. So I could have multiple backups and switch between them? Would I need to wipe data and cache each time? Does titanium backup work across roms?

gimlet72

Reaction score
Yes you want to wipe data and cache between roms. Also make sure the rom is based on. 596. Zombie stomped is not.

OP
draexo

draexo

Reaction score
Yes you want to wipe data and cache between rims. Also make sure the rom is based on. 596. Zombie stomped is not.

I was thinking of Apex and Liberty. I do not know of any other .596 roms
yet.

Thanks!

gimlet72

Reaction score
I always wipe data, unless I am applying a theme then I just wipe cache. I would rather restore with titanium then flash without a wipe and have it not work.

gimlet72

Reaction score
Drew Garen (might be spelled wrong just Google it) has a couple. 596 on his website.

OP
draexo

draexo

Reaction score
Drew Garen (might be spelled wrong just Google it) has a couple. 596 on his website.

Yes,he is in Rom Manager as well. Liberty nightly won't download...been like that a while so I'm heading over to give Apex a try first.