Switching ROMs

Discussion in 'UltimateDroid' started by dbrown8579, Dec 17, 2010.

1. dbrown8579

dbrown8579 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, this may be a bit of a newb question, but I am currently running DroidMod on my Motorola Droid (the original) and want to switch over to Ultimate Droid. I have nandroid backups and also use titanium backup for all my apps so I know I'm safe there, but I am wondering the best way to clear my phone pretty much back to factory and start with a fresh rom install, or if that's not necessary and I can simply install the new rom. Thanks for any help.

2. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    in your recovery you should have the option to factory reset, and clear cache...after you make your nandroid, do that, and then install the new rom.

3. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    First of all, welcome to the forum!! it appears you've been lurking for a while, so glad you decided to join in the fun!! browse around, post around, and stick around :)

as for your specific question, if you have your rom and apps backed up, the process is fairly simple. put the UD rom on the root of your sdcard, boot into recovery, wipe data, wipe cache, and install the rom zip file - bam! :)

4. dbrown8579

dbrown8579 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's what I figured, thanks for the help! And yea, I'll be hanging around for a while!

5. Bullitt6996

Bullitt6996 Member

Ratings:
    +2

This is definately the best method, and is what I did when I switched over from BBv.05.dancedroid