1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Switching ROM's...noobish question.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by gszeman, Apr 26, 2010.

1. gszeman

gszeman New Member

Hi,

I've had my Droid for a few weeks now and I, after a lot of help from a lot of you, have my Droid running great with BB 0.9, Bgill's uncyanogenmod for BB with Chevy's 1.2 kernel.

I am probably stupid for wanting to switch it up since it is running very smooth...but I want to see what else is out there and want to try a few other ROMs...my question is this.

I have a lot of custom icons on one of the screens (16 icons + four more in the Helix launcher bar), I do a Titanium backup for my apps+data, but is there a way to backup the layout as well? So I don't have to recreate all of the icons and reposition everything somewhat how I had it? I use Bettercut for the icons...and it has been acting strabne lately (which is probably a seperate issue...), when I go into the "edit icons" section, none of the icons I created for the shortcuts I placed on my screen and in the launcher bar are there...so when I want to change them I have to delete them from the screen and then go through and recreate them...

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Glenn
  2. samiusmc

samiusmc New Member

If you backup the launcher application using Titanium Backup, the layout should also be saved. When you restore your launcher app, make sure you choose "restore app and data" in Titanium Backup.
  3. B-Unit

B-Unit New Member

IDK if TitaniumBackup is better at this or not, but when I restore using MyBackup, while my icons and layout carry over fine, widgets have to be reloaded.
  4. samiusmc

samiusmc New Member

The widgets have to be reloaded using Titanium backup too. However, the OP wanted to know if the "layout" would be saved. While Titanium won't save the widgets, it will show you where the widgets were making it simple to reload them and maintaining your layout.
  5. gszeman

gszeman New Member

Thanks for the replies...yes,i am more concerned with the icons...i use one of my screens as a "most used app" screen, and have custom icons that I've set up...

Thanks again, Titanium Backup should work fine for that as long as my launcher is backed up right?

Glenn

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  6. samiusmc

samiusmc New Member

Yes. Back up the launcher with Titanium. When you restore the launcher, make sure you choose to restore the launcher, as well as the data and all should be fine. Good luck!